Updates

We went to the doctor's yesterday to get a check up and to find out if I will be on bed rest or not and it turns out that the doctor doesn't want to "rock the boat" per say or take any chances so I have been placed on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. I need to make sure the I do not go into labor for another 4 weeks.

I'm still taking the contraction medication and will be until I am 36 weeks and then we'll stop those and let nature take it's course. This week I start being seen twice a week, one day will be ultra-sounds and the other will be monitoring heartbeats and/or contractions for a period of time. I will be doing those every Monday and Thursday in addition to the normal check-ups with my doctor every two weeks. When we walked out of the office yesterday I had 7 appointment cards that was just for the next 2 weeks! I might as well move in to the hospital :o)

Overall we're all doing just fine! Babies are good and mom is good too, besides having to stay at home all the time :o) Although, I am allowed limited activity. I can take Kaila to and from school each day and if I limit my walking I can go out to eat every so often and can even see a movie if I do not walk the mall before seeing it! Basically, when I go some where I have to be dropped off at the front and limit the walking to 20 feet or so. I was told if I'm standing and can be sitting, I need to sit and if I'm sitting and can be laying, I need to lay down---so if I follow those rules and limit all my activity then we should make it to 36 weeks with no problems. Daddy is doing great, I realy couldn't ask for a better husband!! He has done everything and anything he can to make this all work out...he's been handling everything since I've been placed on bed rest and has done an absolute wonderful job! I really appreciate it and can't and probably don't tell him that enough! Big sister, Kaila is doing well too! She just started the 4th grade this week and can't wait until her brothers are here! She has been helping me and her dad too over the past week and is such a great little helper!! And she doesn't even complain one bit, can't ask for anything more! :o)

Also, my family and friends have been fantastic too! So THANK YOU to all of you that have helped us out!! The dinners have been fantastic, washing the baby clothes have been such a great help as well as starting the nursery!! Now, all we have to do is finish the nursery and we'll be set for these little guys to come! Pictures coming soon!

Comments

haha you are on bed rest...oh wait! Now I can come hang with you all the time.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to see a movie with you so when mark gets back in town, we'll put him on babysitting duty!

Have fun relaxing...and don't even joke about moving to the hospital- you were almost there! Just stay on bed rest at home because if you do too much you will be at the boring hospital- then I can't visit you as often since they won't let matthew in...boo..

ok bye!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery