6 Months Old!

6 months ago I was giving birth to these 2 wonderful little boys in my life...
Lincoln: 5lbs 15 oz, 19 inches & Tyson 5lbs 5oz, 18 1/2 inches                                                                                                                               
I'm not much of a sap, but I will admit that looking back at these pictures brought tears to my eyes :o)  And when I look at those pictures I smile and laugh because I can not believe how tiny they were!!  

Lincoln now weighs 17lbs even and is 26 inches long

Taking 1st bath (1 week old)
  
Now 6 months old taking bath!

Tyson now weighs 15lbs 8oz and is 25 inches long

1st real bath after surgery (1 month old)
                                           
Now 6 months old taking a bath!

After 6 months we finally have a sense of relief and feel like our lives are becoming normal again...whatever that means, but not being in hospitals every other day/week or worrying if our baby will be ok or having to make tough decisions that no parent should have to sounds pretty normal to us!  It's so hard to put into words how we feel after going through what we did these past 6 months but my God it was worth every minute and I wouldn't change it for the world...well I take that back, I'd change Tyson's heart :o), but nothing else!  

  • They both absolutely love their food!  We have tried yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, avacado, zuchinni, bananas and applesauce!  Next on our list is peas, greenbeans, squash, peaches, apricots and maybe plums!  Lincoln wants to jump out of his highchair or carseat (when we're out feeding them) and Tyson now spits/blows bubbles while eating!  Meal time in our house has become quite chaotic, but it's all in good fun!
  • We no longer have to be on a higher calorie diet which means instead of using Similac NeoSure we will be using Similac Advance---we can finally purchase the big can at Costco instead of buying a case of the small cans at the store, woohoo!!  Tyson is now on regular bottles instead of 24 calorie ones---this is nice because he is taking the same amount as his brother does!
  • The 2 of them have become extremely vocal, they think it's great to talk and make all kinds of weird noises very loud I might add :o) And now when they wake up, they just lay in their cribs and talk and talk before we come and get them...I love just listening to them talk, it's so sweet.
  • When you hold them or get close to their face they both grab your nose, mouth, eyes, cheeks and hair about has hard as they possibly can and just squeeze and pull and you wouldn't think that 6 month olds could hurt you but they can!!  Both mine and Robs faces have been scratched and beat red just after a minute or two of them playing!
  • What's so cute is that they get so excited now when you go to pick them up!  Their arms and legs just wiggle and wiggle and they have the biggest smiles on their faces!  And they get so happy and excited when Daddy comes home from work...It just melts your heart to see that!
  • Tyson is starting to somewhat enjoy tummy time and has rolled from his tummy to his back and is trying really hard to roll from his back to his tummy---should be any day now!  Lincoln rolls from his back to his tummy, he knows how to roll from his tummy to his back, but would rather scream for us to roll him over so he can do it again :o)  Tyson loves to sit up on his own and gets better each day, we can't leave him alone sitting but he sits longer than his brother!  Lincoln is also starting to "scoot", he would rather be on his belly (tummy time) than sitting up! Guess it's time to babyproof the house!!
Rob & I attempted to take their 6 month pictures hoping to show off their sweet smiles and like every other month this is what we get...crazy but we love it!



We're done with the official shoot!

They just wanted to play on the floor...

Comments

sooooooo cute!!! i love them!!
Greg and Heidi said…
Congrats on that milestone! They are so adorable. Thanks for coming out to the run!
Mattie said…
I just love seeing the photos of them interacting with each other. It's amazing to see how different they look from one to the other!
Ashley Majorek said…
Nellie & Sarah: I love them the mostest! ha ha

Heidi: It was a great day, we really had a great time!

Mattie: Them interacting with each other is just priceless in person, they really focus and then just start smiling- love it!
I dunno...I think I win. Who cares that you are the mom? I love them forever.

plus- we need to hang out tomorrow because I did not get to snuggle them. ok thanks bye
Ashley Majorek said…
ha ha LOVE it!

And yes we're hanging out!
Josh and Jenni said…
What a little pistol that Lincoln is! So cute Ash. I love when they hot six months. You can see their personalities come out and it is just gets better every day!! We have to get together again soon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery