Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Incident #1

We (L, T & myself) decided to meet Rob for lunch (last Thursday) so off we went to pick up some good food from Baja Fresh...on the way I was talking to my bff (Sarah) and said, jokingly of course, "Would I be a bad mom if I just parked in front of the door and ran in to get the food?! It would be so much faster and way easier!!"  Now you all can't say you've never wanted to do this before because I'm pretty sure you would all like to avoid this...

We got out of the car, Lincoln walking and me holding Tyson.  Lincoln decided he did not want to walk and screamed at me the entire way to the door--Tyson still being good.  We get to the door and Lincoln immediately stops, I tell him "come on let's go inside and get our food so we can go eat w/ daddy".  We go in and he has meltdown #2, again doesn't want to walk or wait!  Now Tyson starts to get in on the action and wants to be put down.  I get to the counter, ask for our food and give her my card, meltdown #3 is starting so I pick Lincoln up...yep I now have 2 kids in my hands, both of which apparently are starving and don't really want me to hold them, but don't want to be set down either!  Now, Tyson couldn't walk at this point and I wasn't about to let him on the floor so I stood there holding them both...She hands me the receipt to sign so I put Lincoln down---meltdown #4, awesome.

I sign it and she hands me the bags...can you picture it...A mom all by herself with 2 bags to carry and 2 one-year olds not cooperating, one crying & screaming the other squirming to get down and yelling...I grab the boys, one in each arm, then the bag and attempt to leave---meltdown #5.   I get to the door, both kids still insane, and while pushing the door open Tyson's head hits the door, hard.  So hard and loud, I cringed when it happened.  Now I have 2 screaming kids, one hurt and one ticked off like no other because we're not eating right then and there!  I walk to the car and somehow opened the door, literally threw the food in the back, put Lincoln down on the floor of the back seat and somewhat tried to console Tyson while putting him in his seat.  I finally get him buckled, grab Lincoln and off to the other side.  Yep you called it, meltdown #6.  I finally got him buckled and realized I still had another bag waiting on the counter! 

Like I said before, I would never leave my kids in the car, but holy crap it was either run in for literally 5 seconds or go through this entire ordeal again...So I gave them each a cracker, rolled down the windows half way, locked the doors and walked right back in, grabbed my bag and left!  Now let me just tell you that there were at least 12 people in the restaurant and not one person offered to help, not one!

Incident #2

On Sunday we were in major cleaning modes.  We were cleaning everything!  So after deciding to rearrange the entire living room, I started vacuumming.  I was a on roll, just vacuuming away in my own little world.  When all of a sudden, Lincoln comes running at me from behind as fast as his little feet could go and as he got closer, I pulled back the vacuum and bam! I hit him right in the face!  I knocked him so hard that Rob said I "decleated" him!  Rob said he was up in the air and basically landed flat on his back.  He screamed and screamed and screamed.  I was really afraid I gave him a concusion, it was that hard!  After he calmed down, he was fine.  His eye was a little swollen with just some bruising. 

Definitely not my week, but I swear it wasn't on purpose!  It's one thing when they hurt themselves, but when you do it, it's 10 times worse!  I seriously felt like the worse mom ever.  Everyone is just fine and dandy now and I have not hurt anyone this week so we're all good :o)

Comments

Next time take pictures of these injuries...haha
Mattie said…
Ashley, you're right. Many a time I've thought "what would happen if?" But have never actually done it. I'm surprised that no one helped you or that the workers didn't offer you any help. :( I've knocked Evan a few times, and it does feel awful, but they'll be ok.
Anonymous said…
#1 When they get older don't think it would be a good idea for both to have their wisdom teeth out at the same time if you are the only one taking care of them.

#2 I have a fantastic pic of Whitney taken just after I told her to stop running in the house. She was 3 or so and I was afraid to take her to the doctor because it looked like I punched in the eye. She tripped and fell (I swear!) on the coffee table.

Carol

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery