Lincoln & Tyson are 4!!

I cannot believe my two babies are 4.  This year has been the most shocking and reality check thus far.  Just days before their birthday Rob and I were talking and just looking at them, just in awe as to how fast time has flown by and how much they've grown. 

They may make us crazy at times, but they bring so much joy to our lives!  They are so much alike in ways, but so different too.  They are the best of friends and the worst of enemies at times but boy do they look out for each other!  When one is in trouble, the other runs up and yells, "that's my brother, be nice!" or "he's my brother, leave him alone!".  It is super cute and we try not to laugh or smile, but sometimes it's just so hard not too :o)

They are always making us laugh, even when they are supposed be listening or even when they're getting into trouble.  They are so matter of fact and passionate about everything.  They both love going to preschool and playing with their friends.  Their teacher is nothing but awesome and we all love her! 

I decorated each of their rooms with balloons and streamers.  They loved it and the best part was hearing them in the morning saying, "balloons? balloons? balloons for my birthday?!".  Loved it!
 
 
 
On their actual birthday we took them to Flipside after school to run around and play and then had cupcakes that Kaila and I made for them :o)  Then on Saturday we had their party.  It was such a great couple of days!!


That would be Daddy trying to make it thru the laser maze :o)






I'd say the cupcake was pretty good!
 
This year we had the official first "kid party" and holy moly, was it kind of crazy, but they all seemed to have a blast...even despite it being super hot!!!  For their party, they couldn't agree on the same decoration so we had a half Hulk (aka Avengers) / half Spiderman party...


 
We picked up this awesome bounce house and the kids loved it!!  We got it for a little over 24 hours and it ended up being the best deal ev-er for the price we paid.

They ate pizza, chips and had juice boxes to eat...



The half and half cake---I think it turned out pretty good!

My favorite picture!

Tyson's turn!

And, Lincolns turn!

Check out all the boys huddling around the presents, it was crazy-insaneness! 




 
And the girls, be just angelic :o)

One of their favorite gifts from their Uncle Jim!!  They each got a Huskers helmet and jersey.


Tyson was beyond happy he got a helmet and jersey that he refused to take it off for pretty much the remainder of the party...It was adorable :o)

Him running around was just awesome to watch!

My BFF's daughter was playing this game with Rob and she just loved it and him for giving her so much attention!!  It was adorable, I just love her tons!!


Here's our Hulk: "smash smash smash!"


And, our Spiderman!

Tyson & Matthew showing me their powers: "smash smash smash & webbing"

Here's my BFF trying to get her youngest son, Luke, to go in the bounce house.  He wanted to bounce all day, but was too scared...let's just say even Mommy trying to help him in didn't work, he was too scared :(

Their party was full of superhero's---this their first time really liking them.  I love the costumes :o)


Here's two of my other favorite kiddos...I love that he is in the act of hitting Gracie's head and her staring him down!

Our buddies, Matthew & Luke playing with all the toys!

And them playing football!

There actually was a moment of quietness, here's some proof of Matthew & Tyson :o)

Even little Luke got in on the football fun too!!

My buddy, Luke & I

I am so glad I got this, Tyson and Lincoln were playing basketball and Grace came over and on his own, Tyson started sharing with her, it was so sweet!

This picture of Kaila cracks me up!!
 
After everyone left, we were able to get the boys to take a nap and we skipped out to a movie to detox of the preschool mania!! We all bounced a few more times before returning it.
 
All in all, I'd say this birthday was a success!!  Happy 4th Birthday to our favorite boys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery