Happiness.

For the first time in a really long time, I am happy.  Really happy.  It has to do with a recent change I made, we made. 

In September, I was approached about a new job opportunity outside the banking world.  For those that don't know, I have been in the commercial lending department processing loans.  I have been in this industry for about 11 years and it's been constant and steady.  I actually really love the job, but this new opportunity was just pulling me in. 

I was offered a General Manager position at a new trampoline facility called Krazy Air.  It's really going to be an awesome park...You can check it out here: www.krazyair.com .   They actually were a customer of mine and I helped them with their loan closing this summer.  Based on how I performed with them and their loan closing, they thought I would be great to run their business.  I was beyond flattered and honored that they saw such potential in me while I was just doing my job. 

There are a lot of risks with a new business, but I decided to meet with them and get all the details.  I was very interested in the opportunity, but I wanted to make sure that it was the right decision, as this would be a big move for me and our family.  I met with them a couple times and let the "high" come down in order to make a my decision.  I talked it over with Rob, my best friend and even with my counselor.  We have had a lot happen this year and I didn't want to make any rash decisions.  Rob was, and has been, very supportive from the beginning.  He thinks, as do I , that it will great for my career.  The opportunity is pretty amazing.  To be a part of a new business from the ground up, is something that will help me grow in so many ways.  And not to mention, opportunities like this don't come around very often!

So, I mitigated all of the risks, over and over again with myself and Rob.  We really took the time to discuss everything as this impacts all of us.  At the bank, I was home every night and every weekend.  With this job, I will likely be gone some evenings and Saturdays.  With that being said, that will put more pressure on Rob to be Dad and the Mom some nights.  Thankfully, the park is closed on Sundays so we'll always be home together then---that's Rob's one day off during the week too, so that is a bonus.  To be honest, there was nothing holding me back, all the "what ifs" were not enough to make me give up this opportunity and I couldn't be happier.  I am really excited to be a part of this and I can't wait for it all to come together!  It'll be a lot of work, but I feel it all be worth it.  And to have my husband be by my side and totally in it with me, is beyond amazing!!!

Last week, Rob & I went by the building to check out the construction process and also for him to meet the owners.  When we left, we were even more excited and confident in the decision that we made.  I started my new position on Monday and so far it's been great!



The last 3 weeks of my time at the bank were beyond crazy!  The hubs had to call me out on how insane I had been with working so much and some days, not the most pleasant person in the house.  I was stressed and trying so hard to get everything caught up before I left the bank.  I really did enjoy where I was working and loved everyone I was working with and for.  It was a great 4 years there and I will miss them dearly!

Although having your last day on Halloween is actually pretty fun :o) Here are some pictures of our last day together...

My twinner, Emily & I in our pirate gear...
 
These 3 ladies have been so great to work with and have been beyond amazing friends!

Evan and I...It's a tradition to take a picture each year on Halloween.  I truly am going to miss this guy.  He has taught me so much over the years, both personally and professionally.  I will still have to bet him occasionally to keep up my winnings :o)

The girls!
 
Here is half of our Gilbert Branch dressed up for Halloween!  I will truly miss seeing them every day!!

It's been a few days in my position and have been working away on the behind the scenes kind of stuff and it's been great thus far!  I am still so happy and excited for this journey and kind of proud of myself, too!  Here's to New Beginnings!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery