More blood work...

After I found out that I was pregnant on the 16th, they told me that I had to go back to the doctor's office to get a second round of blood work done. This was to make sure that my levels were increasing (your count should double every 48 hours). Usually the doctor wants to see you in 48 hours but, because of the weekend I couldn't get my blood drawn until Tuesday :o(

So on Tuesday, I went in around 8:30am and gave more blood! The worst part is they tell you "We'll call you between the hours of 3pm and 5pm"...that's like waiting for the electrian, the cable guy or the exterminator! And for the record, it makes for a long day...the dr.'s office finally called (about 4:30/4:45pm) and said my labs came back and everything looks beautiful and there are no red flags! She said that my count had jumped to 1302 which was great! And the best part...our first ultra-sound was scheduled for February 3rd at 9am!

Comments

So glad everything is progressing normally! Feb. 3rd cannot come fast enough. I am so excited for you to hear your baby's heartbeat and see the weird little tadpole for the first time :)

I did not cry (you know me, not a crier) but it was definitely a very powerful moment in my life that I will never, ever forget.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery