The good and the bad...
28 1/2 weeks...how crazy is that?! I can't believe that I am already this far along...we only have 7 1/2 weeks left until we hit the 36 week mark!! Rob and I are just amazed by this! Of course with being this far along, all sorts of changes and new adventures have arrived! For one I'm getting huge, well at least Rob and I think I am, you'll be able to see the "photo of the year" as I've called it and you can determine for yourself just how big I'm getting!!
And now, I have started to experience the not so fun parts of being pregnant and yes I'm going to complain for a moment because I feel that if you let it out you'll feel so much better and this has been a rough week...Now, don't get me wrong I do enjoy being pregnant but lately my days have been anything but enjoyable!!
-I have never been so hot in my entire life that I now take 2 showers a day that have to be ice cold and sometimes am in the pool before my shower! Poor Rob has to sleep with all the covers on because every time I get up in the middle of the night, which is A LOT now, I have to turn the air down because I am so uncomfortably hot---which by the way he used to sleep w/ no covers on and I had to have multiple blankets no matter what season it was and now we're total opposites! Not to mention that I'm pretty much wearing nothing at night because it is so hot---I know, I know too much information, but wow is it hot! Sorry!!!
-I can't sleep longer than 2 hours at a time, because they're either having a kick boxing class in my belly or I have to pee! Give or take I'm up all night long! I guess they are just giving me a "taste" of what's to come when they are born!
-My belly button is just about flat---which is totally weird if you've always had a "inny"! I'm pretty sure it's going to pop out any day now!!
-My feet are now starting to swell...fyi, my feet are already small and fat so, they do not need to be swollen too :o( They've been doing really well, but just the past couple of days they have been swollen throughout the day instead of just at night like they normally did---not a fan!
-And lastly, I have recently experienced Braxton Hicks contractions! Now a few of my friends have said the exact same thing..."Yeah! That means babies are going to be here soon!" Whoa Nellie! I'm excited for babies to come and all, but I know that after these type of contractions come the real ones and I'm not gonna lie, not looking forward to those!! I recently watched a few moms give birth on-line from one of those pregnancy e-mail updates I get and they were way graphic and didn't hold anything back!! I'm talking the whole thing and most of the women did not have drugs or tried to do it with out drugs then gave in! All I have to say is thank God for epidurals!! (If I haven't mentioned before, I will be having an epidural...I give props to all you moms out there who have done it 100% natural but there is no way that I can or will push 2 babies out with out any drugs---just can't put myself through that pain...I'm a baby when it comes to pain!)
Now that I have totally been a "debby downer" about being pregnant there are a few good things that have happened this week...although the bad out weighs the good...I tried!
-My husband has been absolutely FANTASTIC, he has helped me out with so much lately!! I know he has probably been extremely frustrated with me but he is dealing with my "pregnancy moments" very well; even when I'm irritated about absolutely nothing or crying for no reason! Thanks babe, I love ya!!
-The boys are very active which is great and is my favorite feeling in the world when they move around...I keep looking at my belly each time to see if what they are sticking out could possibly show through as a foot or a hand or something...you all know what picture I'm talking about, the one of the belly and the babies foot sticking out!
-The baby shower is this weekend! Woohoo!!
-We finally named them :o) ...Lincoln Joseph (A) & Tyson Robert (B)
-And last but not least, Watermelon has become my favorite fruit of all time! Oh it is so good, I can't get enough of it!! It has to be super cold and crunchy--- yum yum :o)
Thanks for listening...like I said, if you let it out you'll feel so much better! And now I do :o)
For the grand finale....here is the "picture of the year" taken by my mom this past weekend...let me warn you, I'm in a bikini but my sister said that I had to post it! At first I said um...NO! But then I said, hey what the heck I'm almost 7 months pregnant and I totally wore a bikini in front of people and have the proof--ha ha So Haley here you go...
Whoa! Big momma!!!
Comments
See you on Saturday at the shower!
You and matthew should have a watermelon party.
HOORAY baby shower!! And...sorry girlfriend but all those things you were complaining about are only going to get worse but I am here when you need to complain!!
LOVE YOU BEST BUDDY!!!!!!
~Haley
I love you!
Let me tell you...epidurals are like a gift sent from heaven! Smart girl.
And I have a feeling you might be getting up more than every two hours when those boys arrive!
I love the bikini. What else are you supposed to wear with a belly like that, right? You should come over and we can be bikini babes together. :o)
Can't wait for the shower this weekend. Fun!!!