In the hospital
That's right I am currently in the hospital...Friday morning I woke up around 4:15/4:30am and wasn't feeling both babies like I usually do every morning. I tried everything from walking, rolling over, ice packs and drinking a soda but I just couldn't feel Tyson move. Lincoln was moving and kicking like normal but I could only feel Tyson's body putting pressure on my belly but not like the normal movement. Rob thought he felt him kick a couple of times but I wasn't sure so I called my dr.'s office to see if I should come in or what he wanted me to do and of course as soon as I page them, they both start moving and kicking like crazy! Apparently he was sleeping!
So I just went into to work like normal, meanwhile my dr.'s office called and said that they will probably want to do an ultra-sound just to be safe even though they were both moving like normal--they called my dr. and asked what he wanted to do and of course he said I needed to be seen/monitored in the OB Triage right away to make sure they were ok, with Tyson having the heart defect they have to make sure there are no other problems.
I went straight there and they hooked me up to all the monitors and said I needed to have a good 20 minute reading and an ultra-sound then I could be released. During such time they had to keep coming in to adjust the monitors because the boys kept kicking the monitors around and moved so much that they didn't stay in place. During one of the times the nurse was adjusting the monitors she asked me "Do you not feel the contractions?" And, to be honest I didn't, I didn't know I was having contractions at first. I was extremely uncomfortable and my back was hurting so bad---I had no idea (at the time). After I told her that, she said I was having them about every 5-7. I then continued to be monitored for a while longer.
After some time, I started feeling them and they became more distinct and started to hurt. Then they came in and said that they do not like the way my contractions are going so I earned myself a shot of medication to stop them. She gave me a shot of Terbutaline because my contractions were about every 4 minutes apart and they were getting stronger. After I got the shot I was examined to see if my cervix had opened, it was closed which was great but I was still having the contractions---the shot they gave me wasn't working so they decided to admit into the high risk labor and delivery unit becuase they were anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart.
So that's where I've been since yesterday afternoon. I've had a bunch of tests ran to determine if I will have the boys in next week, which have all come back negative BUT because of Tyson they want to be more agressive with the treatments. They gave me another drug to stop the contractions and decided to give me a shot of steroids to help mature their lungs just in case I go into labor. The doctor's do not feel like I will have them but we need to safe at this point. With getting a steroid shot I have to be monitored for an additional 48 hours, so it looks like I will be here until Monday afternoon. Today, I had another ultra-sound done on the boys--Both are doing just wonderful!
I would love to say stop by and visit but I am in the high risk premature labor and delivery unit and visitors are very limited because of all the risks involved. We appreciate the prayers and good thoughts as we are trying are to do the same so that we do not have these boys until the end of August!!
So I just went into to work like normal, meanwhile my dr.'s office called and said that they will probably want to do an ultra-sound just to be safe even though they were both moving like normal--they called my dr. and asked what he wanted to do and of course he said I needed to be seen/monitored in the OB Triage right away to make sure they were ok, with Tyson having the heart defect they have to make sure there are no other problems.
I went straight there and they hooked me up to all the monitors and said I needed to have a good 20 minute reading and an ultra-sound then I could be released. During such time they had to keep coming in to adjust the monitors because the boys kept kicking the monitors around and moved so much that they didn't stay in place. During one of the times the nurse was adjusting the monitors she asked me "Do you not feel the contractions?" And, to be honest I didn't, I didn't know I was having contractions at first. I was extremely uncomfortable and my back was hurting so bad---I had no idea (at the time). After I told her that, she said I was having them about every 5-7. I then continued to be monitored for a while longer.
After some time, I started feeling them and they became more distinct and started to hurt. Then they came in and said that they do not like the way my contractions are going so I earned myself a shot of medication to stop them. She gave me a shot of Terbutaline because my contractions were about every 4 minutes apart and they were getting stronger. After I got the shot I was examined to see if my cervix had opened, it was closed which was great but I was still having the contractions---the shot they gave me wasn't working so they decided to admit into the high risk labor and delivery unit becuase they were anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart.
So that's where I've been since yesterday afternoon. I've had a bunch of tests ran to determine if I will have the boys in next week, which have all come back negative BUT because of Tyson they want to be more agressive with the treatments. They gave me another drug to stop the contractions and decided to give me a shot of steroids to help mature their lungs just in case I go into labor. The doctor's do not feel like I will have them but we need to safe at this point. With getting a steroid shot I have to be monitored for an additional 48 hours, so it looks like I will be here until Monday afternoon. Today, I had another ultra-sound done on the boys--Both are doing just wonderful!
I would love to say stop by and visit but I am in the high risk premature labor and delivery unit and visitors are very limited because of all the risks involved. We appreciate the prayers and good thoughts as we are trying are to do the same so that we do not have these boys until the end of August!!
Comments
Let me know if you need anything!!!
Sure hope you can keep those babies in your tummy a little longer so you can be sure they will be healthy. Take care and try to relax. Prayers coming your way. Lori and Keith