So Thankful

It's 9:30pm on Thanksgiving, I'm sitting in my living room drinking a glass of wine, the kids are all in bed, husband is sleeping and I can't help think of all the things that I am just so thankful for!

Here's what I'm thankful for! Most serious, but some silly..although those silly ones do make a difference :o)
  • Of course when people ask what are you thankful for, I think for many of us, we automatically say "our family & friends", well for us that is so true! If it wasn't for our family and friends, I don't know that we could have made it through the past 3 months. I hope all of you know just how much we love you and how you all hold a special place in our hearts!
  • I am so thankful for my hubby...even though there are times we are so stressed and have no patience he has always been there for me! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't know what I would do with out him! I love you babe with all my heart!
  • My kids...Kaila, Lincoln & Tyson! Kaila is the best daughter anyone could ever want! She loves to help us no matter what the task is...she's a terrific student, straight "A" student to be exact! One of the best moments today was her coming up to me after dinner and said "Happy Thanksgiving Mommy, I love you!" And our boys are just a wonderful addition to this family!

  • A special thanks to my mom for cooking the entire Thanksgiving meal and bringing it over to our house! You have no idea how great that was and the food was amazing!
  • Target! No matter how bad of a day I am having, there always there! Even if I don't buy anything they just make all the bad go away!!
  • My best friend and GodMother to my boys, Mrs Sarah Richardson! Thanks for always being there for me! Whether it's to complain, cry, talk about silly things that don't matter, going out to eat, telling me that I'm doing everything right with the boys when I think I'm messing everything up, having a normal night out (which we need to do again asap) or just plain being there, you do it without complaining...at least not to my face you don't! ha ha You're the best!
    Us at Jenni's Baby Shower...yes I was pregnant, not fat!

  • $1 soft drinks from McDonald's...it's so great that you can get a large soda for only $1.08--fountain soda's are the best, especially when you haven't slept and need to wake up!!
  • Dr. Nigro, Tyson's Surgeon...if it wasn't for this man, Tyson would not be here today smiling, laughing and most of all breathing on his own! He is so talented and I can't thank him enough for doing what he does. It is an amazing gift he has and for him to use that gift and fix my son's heart, words can't describe how much that means to me!!


  • And last but not least...The wonderful staff at St Joe's for taking care of our little man, Tyson, Mr T (just some of the nick names they gave him) and for being there for us through such a crucial time. Here are fust a few of them...
Kim..she took amazing care for him immediately after surgery and the day after

Maria...who spoiled him his last night there! Took him on rounds and made him feel so loved!

Kristi & Teresa...Kristi who always let him know what was cool and what wasn't! Teresa who loved to feed and hold him!

Laura, who loved bonding with him!! And making everything easier on us!!

I definitely have the best life and am so lucky to have amazing people surrounding us!! We thank you and hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I know I did!!

Comments

AWWWWWWWWW! You made me cry...and you know that does not happen very easily!

I am thankful for you for all of the reasons you said AND because:

-you love Target as much as I do...yeah long and lean tanks and little packs of washcloths

-you love Mcdonald's $1 cokes as much as I do

-We both love the same exact cereals and don't like fruit loops as much anymore because they leave a weird film on your mouth

-we can always complain to each other about what is bugging us and end up laughing about it later

-we think the same exact way about pretty much everything in life

-we both think the world would be better off if we were in charge (right?!) which leads me to the next bullet point...

-we are the only sane ones in the world!!!!(hahahaha, everyone else laughs)

-I am thankful that we love going dancing and drinking and shopping

Mostly...I am thankful that you are you because you are AWESOME and make my life infinitely better everyday!!!!!