Tyson's Surgery...done and done!

I guess if we were released around 10:30am, his surgery was only about 20 minutes long and was eating minutes out of surgery that you could say that it went well!?!  Well it did! And yes it only took about 20 minutes :o)

We got a call last night from St Joe's saying that the OR wanted to push his surgery from 7:30am to 8am so, instead of getting up at 3 I got up at 3:30am.  Which for the record came way too soon and we are all exhausted!

Dr. Nigro (T's Surgeon) was running late and arrived around 8:15am and they took him back around 8:25am, so Rob, Lincoln and myself went to the PCTICU where he was supposed to be recovering at in room 12.   We went into his room and fed Lincoln his breakfast and I swear not 15/20 minutes later his nurse came in and said "I have good news, he's done and will be recovering in PACU and he's going home!" Rob and I just looked at each other and he says "Now that's how you do surgery, in and out!!"  We all just smiled and laughed then we grabbed our stuff, said our goodbye's and went to get our little man from the PACU (which we had never been to before).

Once we arrived in the PACU and it was time for us to go back they came and got just Rob and myself (L stayed w/ my parents) to see him.  As soon as they opened the doors we could hear Tyson screaming as loud as can be, so we rushed to him and they immediately handed him off to me and had us feed him---it was such a unexpected experience because every other time we've seen him after surgery we were never able to hold him!  He immediately stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms (absolutely loved that moment).  They monitored him for about 45 minutes and they let him go home!! 

He is now at home recovering as expected!  He acts like nothing happened...he's been smiling, talking, pooping and so far is showing no signs of pain!  Thanks for all the prayers for him today and we want to especially thank Dr. Nigro (surgeon), Dr. Nyugen (anesthesiologist), Tim (nurse) and the rest of their staff for taking such great care of Tyson!!  Oh and for the PCTICU for getting his room already and then having to re-clean it since we contaminated it by being it for about 15 minutes :o)

Here are some pics of this morning...

Way too happy for 4:40am in the morning!!

"I do not want to wake up just yet"

"Trying to keep my mind off of being hungry"

Hanging with my brother...

Mommy & Daddy trying to take a picture of us sitting...

Getting ready to go...as you can see we all are tired

"I can finally eat!! Yay!!"

Sleeping in my carseat while mommy, daddy, nana & g-pa eat some lunch 

Comments

Yeah!!!!!! Good job Tyson!!!!!!

Now...no more hospitals!!!!!
Ashley Majorek said…
That's what I told him! I say we're done with hospitals!!
Mattie said…
First off...Tyson rocks! What a trooper he's been. :)

Secondly, I love the pouty face Lincoln was making in the second photo. Classic.

And finally, to you and Rob...I'm praying that the next time you go to the hospital it will be far, far, far into your future!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery