Cardiology Appointment

We took Tyson to his Cardiology appointment on Thursday and we are pleased to say that his heart function is great and his gradient level was lower than expected!  They had to double check the gradient level just to be sure before they let us leave cause it was that low!!  It was expected to be 25 and higher, but it was 18!!  We are so close to him having a "normal" heart!!

Dr. Pophal said we'll see him in about 4-5 months, then confirmed to be back in 5.  I'll be honest, I was hoping for at least a 6 month clearance, but 5 is better than next week/2 weeks/1 month so I'll take it.  Since our little man didn't follow the rules and his repair was complicated (the pulmonary arteries are straddling the Aorta) we have to be sure that everything stays secured and moving in the right direction.


With that being said, we'll be seeing our favorite people a lot over the next couple of years!  Which is fine by me because, not only do I love them dearly, we get to eat at Juans!!  Which is the most yummiest Mexican restaurant ev-er!!  It is fantabulous!

These appointments are crazy long (usually 3.5 hours +) but we still bring both boys cause the staff loves seeing our little guys and I don't mind showing them off either :o) 


It's definitely getting harder these days to get them to stay still since they are both walking, but we manage.  Not sure how exactly cause we are usually exhausted by the time were done!  During the echo I had to get on the bed with Tyson and basically hold him down and sing "The Wheels on the Bus" which I now can not stand and hope to not hear it for a long time!! And Rob was chasing Lincoln up and down the hall. 



Occasionally they both would stop and watch Elmo, but their attention spans are way to small for my liking during these appointments so it didn't last long---ha ha ha!  After the Echo we went in to another room and he had an EKG done (which was the fastest ever this time, only 10-15 minutes and tried only once!) and then we waited for the doctor to discuss his results. 


We were so thrilled that we had another wonderful appointment and that things are still going in the right direction!

Comments

Good news as always!

And- I am going to tease you a bit- because your kids look way too cute for a boring doctors appointment!! I guess you gotta show the docs that they do good saving cute kids everyday, hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery