Date Night
Date nights are too far and between these days, but this one came just in time, thanks to my parents! Rob asked me to go out on Sunday for lunch and a movie so, we called the parentals in hopes they'd say sure bring 'em by! They did! We dropped them off around 12:45 and off we went!
We went to Outback for lunch and ate way too much food and then to a movie. We could not decide what to see, I like typical girly movies and him, not so much! I was a nice wife though, and said he could decide...it was between Harry Potter or a few girly ones. Now don't get me wrong these movies are usually pretty good, but it was the first time in I don't know how long that we actually got to go out and he wanted to see Harry Potter?! Ugh! was exactly my feeling when he purchased "2 tickets for Harry Potter at 3:30".
After wallowing in my own sorrow while walking around the mall, we went in to see Harry Potter...and to my surprise I liked it! Within 2 minutes, I turned to him and said I think this is going to be good! It actually was, I was kind of bummed when it was over!!
Once the movie was over we called to check on the kids and my parents offered to keep them all over night. Now, normally I wouldn't because it's a school night, but they had it all planned out and to be honest the thought of being able to sleep through the night was hard to resist! So we let them and my dad met us at the house to get all the kids essentials.
Our date night wasn't done!! Woohoo!! So off to the grocery store it was...Thanksgiving shopping. ha ha ha I now understand why I usually go alone :o) We definitely should not grocery shop together, but it was fun! And to top it off we went to Baskin Robbins (My fav!) and each had an ice cream cone and sat there to eat---I don't remember when we've done that with or without kids! We then topped off the night with some NKOTBSB! I know, I am such a dork, but we got home in time to watch the end of the AMA's and for the first time ever, New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys performed together and you better believe I was singing and dancing the whole time and yes all in front of my husband :o)
Date night was awesome!!
We went to Outback for lunch and ate way too much food and then to a movie. We could not decide what to see, I like typical girly movies and him, not so much! I was a nice wife though, and said he could decide...it was between Harry Potter or a few girly ones. Now don't get me wrong these movies are usually pretty good, but it was the first time in I don't know how long that we actually got to go out and he wanted to see Harry Potter?! Ugh! was exactly my feeling when he purchased "2 tickets for Harry Potter at 3:30".
After wallowing in my own sorrow while walking around the mall, we went in to see Harry Potter...and to my surprise I liked it! Within 2 minutes, I turned to him and said I think this is going to be good! It actually was, I was kind of bummed when it was over!!
Once the movie was over we called to check on the kids and my parents offered to keep them all over night. Now, normally I wouldn't because it's a school night, but they had it all planned out and to be honest the thought of being able to sleep through the night was hard to resist! So we let them and my dad met us at the house to get all the kids essentials.
Our date night wasn't done!! Woohoo!! So off to the grocery store it was...Thanksgiving shopping. ha ha ha I now understand why I usually go alone :o) We definitely should not grocery shop together, but it was fun! And to top it off we went to Baskin Robbins (My fav!) and each had an ice cream cone and sat there to eat---I don't remember when we've done that with or without kids! We then topped off the night with some NKOTBSB! I know, I am such a dork, but we got home in time to watch the end of the AMA's and for the first time ever, New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys performed together and you better believe I was singing and dancing the whole time and yes all in front of my husband :o)
Date night was awesome!!
Comments