A very entertaining Majorek Christmas-Month...
For some reason, this Christmas was not as smooth as one would hope for...Let's start from the beginning...
For starters I could not decide on what type of Christmas card to send out --- I have no idea why, but I was incredibly stressed about it!! Finally we decided on this one from Shutterfly...
Then shortly after addressing them, I realized I didn't have enough so, I made these instant ones at Walgreens...
Not too bad, I think they actually turned out pretty nice. Bad news, Shutterfly was way expensive and we may not use them next year and yes I used coupons :o( Good news, only 2 were returned...one had the wrong address and the other cause I forgot to put a stamp on it -- haha haha!
We attempted to see Santa Clause...we went to Bass Pro Shop this year (were hitting the mall next year). Not that it wasn't fun, but I'm not into the dead-stuffed animals everywhere and the kids were too little to really enjoy all the activities...
We were in line for what seemed like forever and our kids were done.
Finally when it was our turn, they boys ran right up to Santa until they were about 2ft away and realized they did not want anything to do with him, resulting in this...
We attempted to have a nice, decorated Christmas tree...haha haha. We all decorated it together, the boys helped which was super cute and they were very proud of themselves...
They even added their own special touch...
And they broke a few, so our tree was decorated from about the waist up---super classy!
Rob worked 6-7 days a week the entire month of December which made me even crazier than I already am! Trying to work, take care of all the kids, the house, Christmas shopping, regular shopping etc., all by myself was pure insanity!! Now yes, we go through this every year, but add 2 toddlers to the mix and every past experience gets thrown out the window!! I love retail, love it.
I did however get to make this awesome looking wreath with my BFF, Sarah...there was a lot of cursing and multiple re-do's but it turned out pretty cute...
The Monday before Christmas we pick up the kids from my moms...this is where it gets awesome. It was after their bed time so the boys were sleeping. We picked them up and Rob says "Ew, Tyson stinks" and hands me this blanket to smell, I thought maybe he peed himself or even pooped. Well when I smelled the blanket I put it too close to my face and nearly rubbed it all over my mouth. No it wasn't pee nor poop, it was vomit. Yummy (remember, I rubbed it on my face! Nice.)
After dealing with that, we packed the boys in the car and took off. Not seconds after leaving their neighborhood, Lincoln starts throwing up everywhere! We pull over into a parking lot to help him. I got out of the car and ran to help him to only open the door and become overwhelmed with the nasty smell that I just about threw up myself. I tried again and almost lost it. Rob had to intervene and take over...I felt so bad, but it was so gross and everywhere!
We finally get home, gave them a bath and put them to bed. Within 20 minutes, Robs' calling for me because Tyson has thrown up all over himself and the bed. Mind you, I had just put clean sheets/blankets on the bed. So bath #2 it was for the T-man.
I got the awesome job of cleaning the car seat. Finally after getting to bed, Tyson woke up at 3am throwing up. Yeah buddy. That followed by Lincoln waking up at 5:30 and as soon as I picked him up, he threw up all over my chest. Shortly after that, Tyson came to cuddle and threw up all over my chest. Ugh. Thankfully, that was the last of the vomiting for them...
Wednesday after I went to bed, I woke up in the middle of the night with the flu. It was bad. I had to have my sister come over to watch the kids cause I couldn't even get up to feed the boys. There ended up being about 20 minute span where I had to take care of the kids by myself and when Rob got home he walked in to Kaila watching t.v., Lincoln in nothing but a diaper and Tyson in only a diaper and a t-shirt and me on the floor! I had gotten worse as the day went by. Eventually, I spiked a fever of 104.2 and we had to go to urgent care to only obtain a large shot in my butt because I was too dehydrated to get an iv and I needed to get some medication in me to lower my fever and get better!
Funniest part of that day was, when my sister had to leave to finish her shopping, I realized that I hadn't finished my shopping either!! I wanted to get Kaila a snow globe and the boys another toy so my sister and her boyfriend said they'd help...I was very thankful, but unfortunately they couldn't find the toy I wanted however, they did get a snow globe, but to this day I still don't know where it is so, poor Kaila didn't get the globe!!
I should also mention that during all of this I discovered a hole at the bottom of our sheets on my side of the bed...how the heck does that happen?!
Let's jump to Christmas Eve...We were all supposed to go to my Aunt & Uncles house for dinner, but I was still way too sick and the boys were beyond crabby so my family took Kaila for us. The boys were just out of this world crabby so they went bed at 6:30 --- thankfully they slept until 7:30 :o) And then we wrapped presents until Kaila got home to place out cookies & hot chocolate for Santa and carrots & reindeer food for all the reindeer's!!
Christmas day started out way too early seeing how it was before 5 or so when Kaila got up...after getting her to lay back down we all were up around 7:30 and off to see what Santa brought...
After about 10 minutes the boys were done. We stopped to eat breakfast and then unwrapped some more!
The boys got a basketball hoop and even though Santa had all good intentions it's a little too big so, they'll enjoy playing in a couple years!
We were all tired so we took a break to watch a new movie that Santa brought the family, Despicable Me. It was seriously the cutest movie and we all enjoyed it! Thanks Santa, it was a great choice!
Later we got a new pet...thanks Uncle Jim, we love "Rex"!
Finally it was time for Christmas dinner at my parents...moments after we got there and had our secret Santa exchange, Kaila realized she forgot Uncle Riley's gift so the girls headed back to the house...shortly after we left, I realized I didn't have a house key so I turned around to only realize that I had a garage opener so I turned around for nothing! hahaha
We all opened gifts and we all got some really great gifts!!
The boys were crabby again and didn't want anyone but me. Normally I'd be flattered, but I was still not feeling well so, I was more frustrated than anything else. Rob was not himself and little on crabby side so we ended our night earlier than I'd like to.
We got home and got everyone ready for bed, Kaila off to her Grandma's house and off to bed we went to only be woken up by Rob with the never ending flu! Poor guy was very sick...he never calls in to work, except for when his boys were born, and he ended up staying home 2 days! The only person who has somehow avoided this nasty flu is Kaila! We are all doing better now but I think it's safe to say that we had the worst Christmas ever!!
To top off the month...we received a call the other day from the security company that monitors Robs' store, that the alarm was going off only to find out later that a man came into the store, went to the bathroom around 11:15pm (they were open until midnight) and never came out! He hid in the bathroom until 5am the next morning, we're assuming he fell asleep. He came out, grabbed a bag, then ran into the store. Minutes later, the motion detecter went off and the guy ran to the back with whatever he put in the bag through the emergency exit!
We also shouldn't forget to mention that Robs' store was robbed last night. They made out with about $540 dollars and thankfully no one was hurt...man, this is just shaping up to be a great year!
To top off the month...we received a call the other day from the security company that monitors Robs' store, that the alarm was going off only to find out later that a man came into the store, went to the bathroom around 11:15pm (they were open until midnight) and never came out! He hid in the bathroom until 5am the next morning, we're assuming he fell asleep. He came out, grabbed a bag, then ran into the store. Minutes later, the motion detecter went off and the guy ran to the back with whatever he put in the bag through the emergency exit!
We also shouldn't forget to mention that Robs' store was robbed last night. They made out with about $540 dollars and thankfully no one was hurt...man, this is just shaping up to be a great year!
But let's not end this on a bad note...we're taking a vacation! And by us, I mean, Rob and myself are taking a vacation!
There are 4 months, 3 weeks and 1 day until we take our long lost honeymoon!! We're going to be celebrating our 5 year anniversary next May and we're doing it in Hawaii. That's right, Hawaii!! 7 wonderful glorious days on the beach, drinking adult drinks, sleeping however late we want to, eating wherever we want and doing whatever we want!! Now that's a vacation, a very well deserved vacation I might add!
We hope all of our family & friends had a Merry Christmas!
Here's to a more promising 2011!


Comments
Just sayin...be sure to time that right!
Happy 2011!!!!!!
I am so happy for you and Rob that you're finally going to go on your honeymoon! Just be careful that you don't come back with a little brother/sister for your kids! Unless, of course, that's what you want. :-)