Valentine's Day!
This year was low key but we some had great moments! The kids made valentine's for all their friends...this year the boys got involved and made some for their friends at Maria's house. Making their valentine's was quite the adventure...
They climbed up to the counter and were so excited to get started and were so cute filling them out! And then I got a glimpse of what it will be like in kindergarten when doing homework...
Tyson did his just fine and pretty quick; Lincoln however decided after doing 2 pages worth (only 4 on a page!) that he was done. Completely done and wanted Mommy to do it. He said: “mama do it” and handed me the pen. I told him no, Lincoln needs to do it. He said a couple more times “no mama, all done” and I replied again that he had to do it and then all dramatic, he threw his arms down on the counter and dropped his head on his arms in the opposite direction of me and says “All done mama. All done”. I told him I’d give him a jelly bean if he’d finish and he said “yes” and then I got one, gave it to him and said okay you need to finish and he gives me this look and says: “no mama, all done”. It was so stinking cute…I was laughing so hard!
The boys had a party at Maria's and all of the kids exchanged their valentines---seriously adorable!! They each brought a goodie bag home and made valentine's for us
Kaila had a party at her school and came home with a ton of candy and a big pink chocolate heart from "not her boyfriend" :o)
The boys and I stopped at Walmart on the way home to pick up some flowers for Kaila as she had a special concert at the Chandler Center of the Arts for Orchestra. She made honors and rehearsed for 2 weeks straight and then played in the concert---She did really good and for the first time auditioning, she made chair 12! She wasn't too happy with her results because she said she messed up in a few different parts, but we were very proud!
When I got home from work I was surprised with beautiful red roses, a chocolate heart, and gift full of my favorite sour candies and at the bottom, brand new sunglasses!!
I was completely shocked as we were not doing gifts and then felt horribly bad as all I got the hubs were 2 extra large rice krispie treats and a card---felt totally lame, but we weren't doing gifts and those are his favorites!! haha!!
We then finished the night off watching Kaila play in her concert! All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day!
I love this...our attempt to take a family picture...








Comments