Softball & Swingset

What a weekend!!  It has been non-stop going! It started with coaching my first softball game...thanks to my lovely daughter for volunteering me to be get coach!

I was nervous, so much that I forgot to put on my sunscreen and got fried--yay, me!  But I have to say that the game went really well, as more time went by I was more and more comfortable being the Coach...it also helps knowing you have a great Assistant Coach by my side :)

I don't know what the final score was (yeah, we didn't have anyone keep score on our side...rookie move, I know!), but we did get multiple runs, they batted really well and the pitchers (who never pitched a game in their life!) did an amazing job!!!  And I have to point out that my girl got a huge hit at her last at bat---I was so excited that I nearly stopped paying attention to the rest of the game--Ha!!

I am actually very excited for the next game!

We also started a new project this weekend...a new swingset/clubhouse thing!  I don't know what we were thinking, because this thing is huge (from Costco) and there are a million steps...well actually 50, but it still feels like a million!  We got a great deal on it...normally $999.99, on sale for $799.99 and their Uncle Jim pitched in as an early birthday present for the boys, so we ended up only paying $599.99---pretty great, huh?!

At the end of the night we accomplished up to step 14 or 15...I can't quite remember, but this is what it looks like...


I will say that even though it is a pain in the behind, it makes you feel good that you are the one putting this together for your kids to play on!!  They are going to have a blast...I'm so excited!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery