August Birthdays!

August is a big month for us, as we've got 3 birthdays! 

I seriously can't believe it's been 5 years since I have had these little dudes.  They seriously light up life and make us smile.  :o)

I would say that this year was the first year they were really understanding birthdays and when they arrive since we had our calendar on the wall showing exactly when their bid day was.  Every day they would point out that their birthday was on the 22nd or as Lincoln would sometimes call it, "twentytember".  Seriously the cutest thing I have heard.  He eventually corrected it, but I just smiled so big every time I heard him say that. 

We let them decide what they wanted to do for their birthday and we got a split vote, Flipside or Bouncy House in the backyard...with it being August and a million degrees, we made the winning vote and went to Flipside---There was not a single huff about that one as they both love that place and ask a million times a week if we can go there. 

We had 12 kids join in on the fun and they all had a blast! 




I just love this picture of them! 

Tyson & Matthew racing cars...

Wyatt & Lincoln racing away on the motorcycles...

These two could stay on these for hours!

It's like Christmas morning---All of their friends are so generous!


On their birthday, we had a little family party at our house to celebrate.  They both thought it was so cool to have 2 special days :o)  They requested chicken tacos, rice, beans and fruit.  And, of course cake :o)  I just love these little guys!

LIncoln set the table for everyone and oh my goodness talk about cuteness.  We all loved it!

 
They blasted through opening up their presents, it was crazy fast but fun! 

A little Batman cake :o)

Our little Ninja Turtles


Favorite picture of the night!

Ended the night with some serious Lego'ing with their Aunt and Uncles...

Such adorable 5 year olds!

My birthday was kind of bitter sweet for me this year.  I really wasn't in the mood for anything, but Rob kept encouraging me to do something and then w ended up having a really good weekend! 

On my birthday, my friends/co-workers decorated my desk and got me my favorite donuts from Basha's and then we all had lunch together. 


When I got home, Kaila and my sister had decorated our house.  Seriously so cute, I loved it!



That night we went out with some family to Outback and got the cutest gift from my family (Yes, Jim, Cally & Kate, you are my family!!). 
 

Massage gift card, nail gift card, lotion, slippers, robe, pj's  and a bottle of wine!
 
I also got these pretty flowers from Jim and a gift card to Nordstrom's!
 
Since it was a long weekend due to Labor Day, I was determined to make the most of it and just start enjoying life, so we did!  On Saturday, my girl and I went for a run around the neighborhood. 
 
And then, that night we took the boys to play tennis with their new racquets---they are adorable and totally loved it!  So glad because both Rob and I love tennis.  They even said they wanted lessons.  Cuteness.

On Sunday, we went kayaking with some friends at Tempe Town Lake and then the hubs ad I went on a lunch date to Mellow Mushroom on Mill Ave.  That place was so good! 
And then Monday, we just hung out and relaxed. And had birthday cake for breakfast!  The boys put the candles in it and I believe there were either 34 or 36 when we stopped them.  And of course, one they managed to get one trick candle on it! (we didn't have cake until Monday because when we were done on Friday it was so late and everyone fell asleep, so it was late singing, but still special!)
 

 
The one trick candle that would not go out!  The boys thought that was so funny :o)
 
It was so refreshing to have a good weekend and feel good.  I pray that these things days continue, it was such a nice feeling to be happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery