Mental Health Gift.

We made some changes, one being my car and Rob's.  The idea behind the minivan for me, was not just more space for the 3 kids, but we were planning on having another kid.  And when everything was good with the baby and all was well, we had made so many plans as to where he was going to be in the car, the house, brought out all the clothing etc., etc. 

Every time I got in that van, it was like a ton of bricks hitting me over and over again.  I honestly just couldn't keep doing it.  I tried, believe me I tried to just deal with it, but I seriously hated it.  I even talked with my counselor about it, because I wanted to know if I was going nuts because of how much hate I had for my car.  She helped me "diagnose" my issue with the van and then agreed that it may be best to get rid of it.  I explained all of it to Rob and then he finally got it and asked me one morning if I wanted to go look. 

We looked for me and for him because his little sports car hit the end of it's life when the A/C went out and it was going to cost almost $2300 to fix.  So we looked for both of us and ended up getting new cars.

Mentally, it was the best thing that could have happened to me.  From the moment I signed that paperwork and drove off the lot, I felt a million times better.  And to this day, I still love it and feel mentally really good.  Best mental health gift, ev-er!  (It's now a running joke how the hubs got me a mental health gift--good times!)

I got a Dodge Journey.  Never owned a Dodge before, it wasn't what I originally set out to get, but it's totally fitting.  Be prepared for some cheesiness...  I love the band Journey, I'm on a new Journey in life and so apparently a Journey was fitting!  Now, it's orange, actually copper and I seriously love it!  I was going to keep my plates, but the hubs put the kabosh on that and told me and the guy that it was my new journey and path and that I was starting all over.  It was super sweet and I just love that he gets me and wants to help out...even if it meant purchasing quite a large mental health gift.

Rob kept looking for a while.  On the interenet and at the dealerships.  He fnally decided on a Hyundai Tucson-- We jokingly call it the "tuck-son", sounds cooler- ha! We have never owned a Hyundai, but we both liked it and it had a lot of room.  I told him to upgrade to get all the gadgets and we're both so glad he did.  He works hard and deserves to have nice things.  Although, ask us in a couple months when we are only eating top ramen because we now have two car payments! Ha--it seriously has been years since we've had to payments.

So here our new cars...


 

His and Hers...
 

 We also made some changes around the house.  I have re-arranged our room and moved some bookshelves in the dining room.  It's really helped with my healing process as I spent a month in my house grieving.  It's the little things that make this a little easier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery