Crazy Week!

What a week we had!  Definitely ready for the weekend...kind of, as it's going to busy!

We started the week off "bloody".  Yep a bloody mess actually. 

While I was in the bathroom getting ready, the boys were on my bed.  I thought they were laying down...boy was I wrong.  When I got out of the shower, I had called Rob back right away as I had missed 3 calls from.  The most awesome part of this story is all of this happened and I was buck naked. 


Anyways, while I was on the phone I heard the thump and then screaming.  I got off the phone super quick and ran to them.  I met him at the edge of my room and the bathroom.  I picked him up, not knowing what had happened or how bad he was hurt.  I took a couple steps back and twisted my body towards the mirror and all I saw was his face covered in blood.  I set him down on the counter and placed the towel on his head.  I told Tyson, go wake up Kaila and tell her to come here now, it's an emergency.  He went down and then didn't come back, so I grabbed Lincoln and placed him on the stool, still naked, and called for Kaila to come right away. 

When she got upstairs, I told her that I needed her to hold the towel so that I could put clothes on because I needed to go to the ER now.  She looked at him and me and then said, "I have to go to the bathroom, I don't feel so good".  So I told her to go and I looked at her and she was white as a ghost...let's just say I don't think that nursing or anything medical may be in her future!  It was funny, but not at the same time.

 
Finally she was able to help and I went to change.  One of my fears as a mom is that I won't be ready in crisis situation and well that happened.  Naked and unable to find my clothes---super crazy feeling, but I found it all and then  we headed out.  This was the first time that I had been back in the ER/Hospital since we lost Jaxton (when I went back to speak at the hospital, they held the meeting in a different bldg. so that didn't really count).  Anyways, I walk in holding Lincoln and the lady asks what were here for.  All of a sudden, I couldn't speak.  Not one word, I stuttered like crazy and could not answer her.  Finally, she said when did he hit his head and I told her this morning and then she asked for his date of birth.  Again, I couldn't speak.  I finally got it it, but holy cow it was the craziest feeling ever.  I can handle the blood and the head wound, but everything came back in a flooding sensation and I just could not speak.  I got myself together and was fine, except the 5 babies that were born while I was there were a little hard to take in, but Lincoln was a good distraction so to speak. 

We actually got in really fast, had the doctors and nurses in right away to check is head and moving us along.  His cut is actually not all that big, but the way he hit his head it spread the cut too far apart so we had to close it up.  Thankfully, they were able to use the "glue" as she called it and we didn't have to do stitches!!  She kept telling him how cool it was to have your head "super glued", it was cute and funny.  Despite all that was going on, Lincoln was a rock star!!  He did so well and barely cried when they were "gluing" it shut. 

While we were waiting he got crayons and coloring book and then for being so brave, I took him to get a donut from the donut shop by our house.  After we got home, we seriously went from watching him to make sure he doesn't have an concussion or throwing up etc, to making sure he doesn't do it again!  He was crazy nuts when we got home, no fear and you would have thought he had never hit his head.  Total boy and never slowed down!!!  I am really going to have a full head of grey hair soon...these boys are nuts, but I do love them :o)

During the middle of the week, Kaila had her regular softball games and then a 2 day clinic at her school to get ready for tryouts.  She is getting so much better and having more confidence in herself.  And her team this season is starting to play well together---it's been kind of a slow rough start to the season, so we're hoping that they continue to play better.  Kaila really likes to play ball, but also told us recently that she wants to try basketball.  We've been telling her for a while as both Rob and I thought she would be great at it, with being so tall and all.  We're going to finish this season first and then maybe give it a shot! 


I just love watching her play softball, it's so much fun and yes, I may be that crazy mom some days, but I just love it and am pretty passionate :o)  She said she did well at the clinic at school...I think it's great the school does these.  That way, I feel the kids have a better shot of being noticed more outside of the actual tryouts.  Plus, it helps them relax more during the tryouts. 

On top of her sports schedule, both boys started their sports.  Lincoln is playing soccer and Tyson is playing flag football.  They both are so excited and have asked me almost every day (no exaggerations) if its time for them to play.  Watching them both practice this week was fun, but I got really sentimental watching Tyson.  Just 5 years ago, we weren't sure if he was going to make it because he was so sick and they just didn't know what else to do but to throw a Hail Mary and send him home to be loved on in hopes he turn around and become healthier.  I should have known that that would be the start to his football obsession :o) Anyways, I always knew that they wanted him to play sports and not be held back but I never thought he'd be playing football.  This kid LOVES football with every fiber of his being.  Last year his Cardiologist & Surgeon both told him he could play football and again this year his Dr. Pophal said he could play football and for over a year that's all Tyson has requested to play.  It's not my first choice of sports, but honestly I could not make him play any other sport, he wouldn't allow it and with listening to how much he wanted to, we just couldn't say no.  Plus, I figured it's just flag football...I know he can still get hurt, all 3 kids could, but at least it's not tackle.  Anyways, watching him play and be so happy just warmed my heart and reminded me of how special life is and how amazing his care was and is.  If it wasn't for all of them, he would not be here today. 





They were so cute and so proud of themselves!  I just loved watching them :o)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery