Pictures at a special place
Today we had our family pictures taken. Being honest, neither one of us really wanted pictures since we were supposed to be taking our family pictures after the baby was born. But we did it, mainly for me. Bitter-sweet, but I am happy we did it.
I was thinking about what I wanted to do for our pictures as in where to go. I couldn't think of anything because I really didn't want them. And then all of a sudden it hit me. I wanted to do them at Jacob's Crosscut Trail where Jaxton's ashes have been spread. It seemed only fitting to do them there. If he couldn't physically be with it, then at least his spirit could, right?!
I wanted to get out there prior to taking our pictures so that I wouldn't be a hot mess, but unfortunately we didn't make it out there. So, needless to say I was nervous. Thankfully, I was able to keep myself together and I didn't cry. However, I did cry while I was getting ready and when we arrived at dinner after the shoot. But all in all, it was good. The kids, the boys specifically, were a little crazy so I hope that we got at least one good family picture. I am certain there will be plenty of good ones as the teenager was all over the photo shoot smiling and posing like a pro! :o) We then had dinner as a family, chaotic as usual, but I wouldn't trade this family for anything.
I was thinking about what I wanted to do for our pictures as in where to go. I couldn't think of anything because I really didn't want them. And then all of a sudden it hit me. I wanted to do them at Jacob's Crosscut Trail where Jaxton's ashes have been spread. It seemed only fitting to do them there. If he couldn't physically be with it, then at least his spirit could, right?!
I wanted to get out there prior to taking our pictures so that I wouldn't be a hot mess, but unfortunately we didn't make it out there. So, needless to say I was nervous. Thankfully, I was able to keep myself together and I didn't cry. However, I did cry while I was getting ready and when we arrived at dinner after the shoot. But all in all, it was good. The kids, the boys specifically, were a little crazy so I hope that we got at least one good family picture. I am certain there will be plenty of good ones as the teenager was all over the photo shoot smiling and posing like a pro! :o) We then had dinner as a family, chaotic as usual, but I wouldn't trade this family for anything.
A little kissy-kiss picture...ewww! Ha
Such a beautiful view of the mountains from afar...
We survived the shoot...but could be a little crazier
Me and my boys getting ready to have dinner...
Not having it...
Me and my girl...
Climbing as usual. Boys Boys Boys
Can't remember why he was raising his hand, but look at that face. So mischievous and yet so cute!
At the end of our night we headed out to the book store to get a couple books...Love these kids!!
It was a long, emotional day but I came out on top and am super proud of the progress I've made over the last few months. Here's to a future of happiness!
Comments