Cardiologist Appointment Today
Well today is the big day for us, we are going to see the Cardiologist for the 1st time since surgery and I am quite nervous!
The reasons why I'm nervous are for one (as mentioned in previous post) his Pediatrician believes that there is still a murmur and depending if there is one and severity of the murmur it could have to be fixed and the only way to fix it would be??? Surgery :o(
The other is that right around Christmas Tyson's chest was appearing to become infected and/or there was a suture coming through. I contacted Beth right away and we discussed what was going on and she put him on antibiotics and we were going to watch it over the week. Earlier that week while she was out of the office, I worked with Laura on Tyson's situation. She was great, she called me every other day if not every day checking on him. We decided on Thursday that we would have him seen because it was still red and the office was going to be closed for the New Year. So, we went in and determined that we didn't think it was that infected and they were comfortable with him coming home and dealing with this than being admitted, but it was still a concern for all of us.
Now I believe it is looking better but I'm not the doctor so, they are going to stop by today during our Cardiology appointment and take a look at it. If it is infected they will have to get the Surgeon involved and possibly admit him to the PCTICU.
I was hoping and wanting this year and the rest of his life to be "surgery free" so lets hope that all goes well today and that I am home tonight blogging about how great things went!! Have to try and stay positive, right?!
The reasons why I'm nervous are for one (as mentioned in previous post) his Pediatrician believes that there is still a murmur and depending if there is one and severity of the murmur it could have to be fixed and the only way to fix it would be??? Surgery :o(
The other is that right around Christmas Tyson's chest was appearing to become infected and/or there was a suture coming through. I contacted Beth right away and we discussed what was going on and she put him on antibiotics and we were going to watch it over the week. Earlier that week while she was out of the office, I worked with Laura on Tyson's situation. She was great, she called me every other day if not every day checking on him. We decided on Thursday that we would have him seen because it was still red and the office was going to be closed for the New Year. So, we went in and determined that we didn't think it was that infected and they were comfortable with him coming home and dealing with this than being admitted, but it was still a concern for all of us.
Now I believe it is looking better but I'm not the doctor so, they are going to stop by today during our Cardiology appointment and take a look at it. If it is infected they will have to get the Surgeon involved and possibly admit him to the PCTICU.
I was hoping and wanting this year and the rest of his life to be "surgery free" so lets hope that all goes well today and that I am home tonight blogging about how great things went!! Have to try and stay positive, right?!
Comments
He just wants to give you a few gray hairs from worry.
Call me the second you are done!