1st Day of School, Crazy Day's & Daddy's Home!!! Woohoo!
What a week we had while Daddy was gone!! To say that I am thankful he's home would be a major understatement. Not that anything went horribly wrong while he was gone, it was just they day to day crazies plus a broken foot! I give all the single parents and the married ones whose significant others are gone a great amount of credit!! It's very hard being a single parent!
We dropped him off at the airport bright and early Sunday morning and then it was game time! Afterwards, we went out to breakfast and then we had to get Kaila and get the back-to-school shopping done as she was starting the next day! Between napping and running errands we attempted to get Kaila's haircut and finish the shopping. She wanted to go extremely short with her hair, as in "Posh Spice" short, but I interevened and had her keep it a little longer, at her shoulders for now...there's a big possibility that it might get shorter over Fall Break, so we'll see!
Kaila was definitely my most well behaved and/or easiest child of the week...the boys on the other hand were crazy as ever!! I think it had a lot to do with them being cooped up in the house since Tyson broke his foot. I have to say that the hardest part about having a toddler with a fracture/broken bone is that they just don't want to sit still and have all this bottled up energy with no where for it to go!! It's even harder when that little dude has a twin brother who is running circles around him!
And when you get these kinds of text messages from your hubby while he's in Vegas...yes he might have been there for a work seminar, but still, it's Vegas and you know he's having a great time while you are pulling your hair out!! haha
After it being very difficult to keep Tyson off of his foot and talking with a few people we decided to let him walk on it a bit. I know, it's against Dr.'s orders, but you have no idea how hard it is/was to keep him off of it 24 hours a day!! Had he been screaming while walking, etc., we would have made him stay off of it, but he was just fine. I will admit, it was kind of funny to watch him run around with his "cast" on :o)
My least favorite time while he was gone, was bedtime...oh how I dreaded it!! This was the first time without Rob and bedtime has been beyond stressful and frustrating that I really had no confidence in anyone, me nor the boys! Having to take them back and forth and back and forth was rough, really rough when you're by yourself. Most days and nights it was over an hour of back and forth. Exhausting. So exhausting that came Tuesday, I was over the toddler beds and we joined the "Crib Club" again!
I turned their cribs around and sure enough those boys laid right down and fell asleep! I quickly fell asleep too. Later that night when I was putting them to bed, I thought to myself that we have been trying so hard for past 3 weeks with the toddler bed so I should give it another try...ha! As soon as I turned the bed around Lincoln began playing and running around and I said forget it! So I turned them back and to bed they went!!
I know, it's a little "ghetto" and some what mean, but it worked and I was no longer stressed out about bed time!! So there! Haha :o) Wednesday actuallly went by quickly, but I was still anxious for Thursday!
The boys and myself met Daddy at the gate in the airport and I am so thankful we did! The looks and words coming out of the boys were beyond precious!! Every time we had gotten in the car, the boys would talk about Daddy---They actually started to realize that we had dropped Daddy off and they were missing him so when we arrived at the airport they were beyond excited for Daddy to get off the plane!
They were so excited that Lincoln took off running towards him as soon as he figured out Daddy was walking towards us. He was so cute and ran so fast that I couldn't catch him as I was trying to tame the other little guy that was just as excited to see Daddy :o) When he was running towards the gate, him and the TSA lady almost had a little "incident"...she actually got nervous that a 1 yr old was running towards the gate and quickly stood up to go after him! Thankfully Daddy walked quickly and grabbed him before I was on the news with the headline of "mom goes crazy and was arrested for attacking tsa agent for tackling her 1 yr old in airport ". Haha!!!
We then had a great afternoon at lunch and catching up with Daddy!! Thank the Holy Lord, Daddy's back!!
We dropped him off at the airport bright and early Sunday morning and then it was game time! Afterwards, we went out to breakfast and then we had to get Kaila and get the back-to-school shopping done as she was starting the next day! Between napping and running errands we attempted to get Kaila's haircut and finish the shopping. She wanted to go extremely short with her hair, as in "Posh Spice" short, but I interevened and had her keep it a little longer, at her shoulders for now...there's a big possibility that it might get shorter over Fall Break, so we'll see!
Kaila started Monday morning and she's now officially a 6th grader! I can't believe it, I feel so old when I say that :o) I noticed how grown up she actually was when we went shopping for some new clothes---nothing "little kid", it's all big girl clothes and shoes now. In a way it's kind of sad, but I love her new style!!
Kaila was definitely my most well behaved and/or easiest child of the week...the boys on the other hand were crazy as ever!! I think it had a lot to do with them being cooped up in the house since Tyson broke his foot. I have to say that the hardest part about having a toddler with a fracture/broken bone is that they just don't want to sit still and have all this bottled up energy with no where for it to go!! It's even harder when that little dude has a twin brother who is running circles around him!
And when you get these kinds of text messages from your hubby while he's in Vegas...yes he might have been there for a work seminar, but still, it's Vegas and you know he's having a great time while you are pulling your hair out!! haha
How's your night going? Just having drinks...
After it being very difficult to keep Tyson off of his foot and talking with a few people we decided to let him walk on it a bit. I know, it's against Dr.'s orders, but you have no idea how hard it is/was to keep him off of it 24 hours a day!! Had he been screaming while walking, etc., we would have made him stay off of it, but he was just fine. I will admit, it was kind of funny to watch him run around with his "cast" on :o)
Tuesday was Tyson's follow up appointment with his Pediatrician and of course he screamed the whole time we were getting his vitals and when the Dr. walked in :o( Thankfully my brother and sister came to the house and watched Lincoln so I could focus on Tys. After the Dr took a look at his foot and had him walk around he said that it was best to be seen by an Orthopedic Doctor...um, not what I wanted to hear! The reasons for him going to see this doctor was because even though he was running around and walking on his foot, he would still nurse it every so often and because of the cast/splint, his turnout was worse. He said this way we could kill 2 birds with one stone. Until his appointment the dr said they wanted to keep the soft cast on, so they gave him a new one and showed me how to put it on and off so that we could give this stinky guy a bath :o)
I turned their cribs around and sure enough those boys laid right down and fell asleep! I quickly fell asleep too. Later that night when I was putting them to bed, I thought to myself that we have been trying so hard for past 3 weeks with the toddler bed so I should give it another try...ha! As soon as I turned the bed around Lincoln began playing and running around and I said forget it! So I turned them back and to bed they went!!
Lincoln's bed...
Tyson's bed...
I know, it's a little "ghetto" and some what mean, but it worked and I was no longer stressed out about bed time!! So there! Haha :o) Wednesday actuallly went by quickly, but I was still anxious for Thursday!
The boys and myself met Daddy at the gate in the airport and I am so thankful we did! The looks and words coming out of the boys were beyond precious!! Every time we had gotten in the car, the boys would talk about Daddy---They actually started to realize that we had dropped Daddy off and they were missing him so when we arrived at the airport they were beyond excited for Daddy to get off the plane!
They were so excited that Lincoln took off running towards him as soon as he figured out Daddy was walking towards us. He was so cute and ran so fast that I couldn't catch him as I was trying to tame the other little guy that was just as excited to see Daddy :o) When he was running towards the gate, him and the TSA lady almost had a little "incident"...she actually got nervous that a 1 yr old was running towards the gate and quickly stood up to go after him! Thankfully Daddy walked quickly and grabbed him before I was on the news with the headline of "mom goes crazy and was arrested for attacking tsa agent for tackling her 1 yr old in airport ". Haha!!!
We then had a great afternoon at lunch and catching up with Daddy!! Thank the Holy Lord, Daddy's back!!



Comments