Tyson's Corazon

What a day! We had Tyson's Cardiology appointment today to check on how is RPA Stenosis is doing and to decide what the next step was as the last time we were in his levels were increasing from moderate to high and they were talking procedures to correct it.  Well it turns out that we don't have to have any surgeries or procedures done because his heart is finally growing and his RPA Stenosis has significantly gotten better!!!!!!!

Thank you volunteers for playing with the kids, they had a blast!!

Could there be any better news?!  We seriously have been waiting for this for almost 3 years!  All we have wanted was for him to be able to be a "normal" kiddo and we finally can do so!!!  I seriously am beyond ecstatic :o)


Due to scheduling, we had the entire family with us and suprisingly they did really well!  We started the appointment as usual, getting his vitals.  He wanted mommy with him the whole time, but he did so good!! A special thanks to Renee for being so awesome :o) 


And then it was off to get the ECHO...


I really didn't know how he was going to act as the last time was so rough...he cried, screamed, kicked, hit, pushed our hands away.  It was rough, almost sedation rough.  This time, I actually started talking to him yesterday and today about his heart and what we were going to do so when we got there he would already know what we were going to look at, "my heart".



He actually behaved the best he's ever done!  He fussed a little bit here and there, but that is completely expected and understandable--Who wants to sit there for hours and have someone constantaly messing with your chest??  Gary was our tech today and he did great and later we got to see Mitesh (our usual tech) which was nice.  Gary was able to get the pictures needed as Tyson cooperated pretty well.  When we were all done, Tyson cried so much.  Not sure if it was because he was happy it was over or what, but he just let us have it :o)


"EKG stickies are horrible!"

Gary was really good with him and Tyson warmed up once we got into our room.  We also got to see Nicolle & Laura who are awesome nurses and hold dear places in our hearts!  After a short wait Dr. Pophal came in and listened to him carefully.  My first thought, something's wrong, but I was quickly set straight! 
Dr. Pophal & Tyson looking at the fire truck :)


He said to us "I got nothing, you got anything?!", I said, "um, I'm sorry, what??".  He then said "I've got nothing, are your worried about anything?".  I looked at Rob and said, "No, not really, why?".  He said "Well we'll see you in a year!".  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!


That's right, a year people!  A whole year!!!!  I seriously could not believe it and I'm not sure I still do!!  This is the first time we've gotten good news!  Rob immediately said, "That's awesome, great!" and was ready to leave so he wouldn't change his mind- Ha!!  I asked Dr. Pophal so many times if he was serious about a year!  He was serious!!  And then we talked specifics on his heart...



He said that his RPA & MPA Stenosis is doing so much better and is subsiding---it's still there but is significantly improving :) He said that the arteries are branching out and "unkinking" for the most part because he is growing as they hoped he would!!!  This is what we've been hoping for for almost 3 years--Pretty awesome, huh?!  I cried about 4 different times because of how happy I was!!

Yay!

As of right now there are no surgeries/procedures to be done in the near future! It's just regular normal toddler life now for the little dudes!!  I can't really describe the feeling of what happened today. I am just thankful for all they have done for us, especially Tyson! 

My proof he doesn't have to come back for a year...I've thought about framing it :o)

As always, thank you all for your love and support!  We seriously could not do this without all of you!!

Comments

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news. Except that now- you won't get to go to Juan's a much...I guess we will have to just go down there to enjoy the food WITHOUT the dumb hospital part!

I am sure next year when he goes back- they will clear him forever!

Good job T!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery