Grandpa Majorek comes to visit!!!!!
We were so blessed to have Rob's dad come to visit us! We have missed him (and the rest of the Majorek family) so much, that it truly was a blessing to have him here!
Look how these two look so much a like!! Like Father, Like Son!
Nice form, eh?! Haha!
I may or may not have lost my touch since the last time I bowled :o)
On the last day he was visiting we took him to Joe's Farm Grill (one of our favorite places to eat!)
We had an overlap of mine and Rob's schedules and Dad insisted on watching the boys while we both finished up our day...They definitely kept him on his toes, but they all did great :o)
We made him breakfast and just enjoyed our morning together
Don't mind my face...ha!
Of course a Majorek trip out here would not be complete without doing projects :o) We made quite a few trips to Home Depot & Lowe's...I got this picture right before going in, his Dad would call his Mom every day to see how she was doing and how things were going. It was the sweetest thing ever :o)
See, a little backside to why he's out here by himself is that Rob's mom is unfortunately battling Alzheimer's and his dad is the sole caretaker. He has (and still is) done a fantastic job, but he was overdue on a break---so his break was coming out here to visit us!
Before the projects began we had lunch and of course the boys were silly!
Project time!
For starters, they built a step up to the house to be flush with the security door to keep the bugs out...
They are so cute!!
And then they were hanging up décor in our newly remodeled bathroom...
They hung up a curtain rod in Lincoln's room...
Someone may or may not have been irritated with my camera clicking, but I didn't care, I just clicked away :o)
Rob got a hold of the camera and then started clicking away himself...
Miss Kaila refused to get her picture taken...
And so did I...ha!
Afterwards, we had tortilla soup and sandwiches and then we played a long time favorite tradition, a game of Scrabble! Rob's parents are awesome at this game. And, I should admit, Rob is too!
DAY 3
The boys and Grandpa played outside in the backyard for the longest time, just running and playing soccer! It was so precious!
We were able to take him to watch Kaila play softball...
A little child labor can't hurt anyone...
After we got home, Grandpa decided he wanted to roller blade. Yes, their grandpa who's in his 70's strapped on Rob's roller blades and took off! I was worried, but he said to give him 30 minutes and if he didn't come back then I could go look for him. Needless to say, he did just fine :o)
Made my first peach pie and it turned out not so bad...at least his Dad thought so :o)
We also took lots of walks and let the boys ride their bikes...
We spent lots of time doing puzzles, playing with cars/toys and of course making messes, but with the help of Grandpa they cleaned it all up!
Helping Grandpa clean up...
Apparently he's had enough cleaning!
So sweet!
Aren't my boys such big helpers?! How about not so much. I love how my boys are doing their own thing, while Grandpa cleans!
"Don't mess with me!"
Helping Grandpa get the toys in the way way back!
Lincoln..."yes you do"...Tyson..."no I don't"
Lincoln..."I don't believe you, now I'm gonna wrestle you for it"
Helping Grandpa clean up...
Apparently he's had enough cleaning!
So sweet!
Aren't my boys such big helpers?! How about not so much. I love how my boys are doing their own thing, while Grandpa cleans!
"Don't mess with me!"
Helping Grandpa get the toys in the way way back!
Here is a play by play of "normal" play in house- Ha!
"I got it!"
"I don't have it!"
Lincoln..."yes you do"...Tyson..."no I don't"
Lincoln..."I don't believe you, now I'm gonna wrestle you for it"
We had the best pancakes ev-er! They are Robs' moms famous "Cloud Pancakes". How we wished she could have been here to make them herself---we definitely missed her this week!!
After Church we took Dad bowling for some afternoon fun! He had such a great time, as did the rest of us!!
Look how these two look so much a like!! Like Father, Like Son!
Nice form, eh?! Haha!
I may or may not have lost my touch since the last time I bowled :o)
Oh yeah!
Grandpa was able to get the hotdog and spoon out of the canteen that no one has been able to do for 5+ years!! Maria (their sitter) was so surprised and happy as were all the kids!
They hung up the rest of the decorations in the bathroom...
Fixed a leak in our sprinkler system...
And planted our orange tree that we have had sitting in the container for over a year :o)
He is such a hard worker!!!
Goofing around inside while they work hard!
Is it straight?!
Double checking to make sure it's straight...I may or may not be super ridiculously OCD about things being level or straight! Ha :o)
Such great team work :o)
Looks perfect to me! {Now, apparently something happened to her, not sure what, but whatever it was had the two of them laughing very hard...it was a super cute moment!}
And then it was off to fix a bike :o)
And of course test drive it...
Now to show off his mad skills :o)
They did have some relaxation time in and enjoyed a nice game of golf :o)
And the boys and I enjoyed the nice weather at home...they are so stinking cute!!
Favorite game...how many things can be thrown through the gate into the pool before Dad or Mom finds out?!
Somebody forgot to put something away...
And then it was off to fix the motor school...
They actually did get it fixed and Kaila (and us too!) gave it plenty of test rides!
On the last day he was visiting we took him to Joe's Farm Grill (one of our favorite places to eat!)
We went for a nice walk around the garden area...
Dad was amazed with how big this tree was that sat on the grounds of the restaurant!! It is pretty huge!
And then the boys were off to "get oranges"...they ran out to the field before we could even say no...
Showing off their oranges they got {technically stole} :o)
Tyson, Grandpa & Lincoln
The boys! I love this picture of the 3 generations!!
Snapping some pictures before heading out to the airport...very difficult getting everyone to cooperate!
Yep, she's finally taller than Grandpa!!
My FAVORITE picture! I just love this so much!
Finally on our way to the airport... :(
Saying our goodbyes after a wonderful visit from Grandpa!!
Gotta get that one more note in about his froggy :o)
Aww, we sure loved having him here!!
After getting Dad all settled in, we left and went home and ate Rob's favorite pizza that his Dad brought special for him :o)
And then, look who's back?! Unfortunately, Dad missed his flight...the airlines changed the gate and by the time he realized it, it was too late :o( After many phone calls we convinced him to come back home and get a good nights rest before his flight in the morning!
So, why not play one last game of Scrabble?! Even though it was not ideal situation, we did not mind one single bit to having him with us one more night!! We enjoyed lots of laughs, some yummy pie, coffee and a great game of scrabble together...definitely worth missing the flight :o) (at least for us it was!!)
His flight was scheduled the next morning for later in the morning, so Rob took him to the airport and got him situated. They obviously gave him extra time just to make sure if there were any changes, that he'd be able to get where he needed to go. So they said their goodbyes one last time and off he went to security...
After getting through security I get a call from Dad... "So I made it through security, however, I was detained to the side to be questioned about a knife in my bag. I told them what knife? I don't have a knife. They said, sir, you do, this knife and they pull a butter knife out of my bag! Now how in the world would I have gotten a knife in bag, I just went through security less than 24 hours ago?!"
Well...It turns out that two little dudes, named Lincoln & Tyson took said knife from when they were either cutting the pie or from butter in the morning and ran and put it in Grandpas bag!!! Apparently they wanted one more day with their Grandpa! Those little stinkers!! Thankfully they let him through, but apparently he now owes us a butter knife since TSA took it :o)
Best story of the whole trip!! We enjoyed this trip with Rob's dad so much and cannot wait to see him and the rest of the Majorek Family soon!! Thank you to all of Rob's sisters, brother, brother-in-laws & sister-in-law for making this trip happen, we will cherish these memories forever!

Comments