One bad---One good

The first couple of days of this "toddler bed transitioning" has been quite rough, but just the difference from Sunday to Monday has given me so much hope on having my great sleepers back!!
Sunday...

Sunday was the most testing day ever!  We laid them down for their afternoon nap and of course, they got out...again and again and again!  We were about an hour into it and didn't know what to do.  We tried turning their cribs around to see if they would stay in and not be able to get out.  We thought maybe we had put them in their "big boy beds" too soon, but I think we're just fine, it's just going to take some getting used to.  After a few minutes they were out running around upstairs.  At one point we walked in and the room was a disaster (I should have taken a picture!) and the two of them were just sitting inside their toy box playing...they had everything pulled out of their closet, every toy out all over the floor, the diaper genie knocked over, all the clothes thrown out of the drawers...you name it, it was out!  We decided to turn the beds back around and sit in the room until they fell asleep.  Finally after almost 2 hours, they fell asleep, as did Daddy.  And for me, well, I treated myself to a mani/ped and boy did I feel better afterwards :o)  Bedtime went a little smoother, but Lincoln woke up in the middle of the night and had a very hard time going back to sleep...ending in the result of him sleeping with us, we were beyond exhausted.

Monday...

I'll admit I was beyond nervous and stressed about tonight.  Rob had to work the late shift so it was just me and the kids in the evening.  And nap time was neither good or bad...from them not sleeping like they normally do, they fell asleep on the couch with Daddy about 2 hours earlier than normal and so they didn't actually fall asleep in their beds.  Therefore, it's been taken away from the transitioning board.

I know how tough it can be with the two of us home, that I couldn't help but think it was going to be a disaster with just me and the boys...I am ecstatic to say that it went really well, almost too well!  We played outside and got worn out a little and then took baths, which kind of woke them up, so we laid down in my bed to watch "Chuggington" and then I said it's bed time and they walked into their rooms and got in bed!  I stayed in there for less than a few minutes and told them I'd be back in and sure enough they stayed and fell asleep!!  Yay!!! 

Going to bed is definitely getting easier, now if nap times would just go more smoothly we'd be in Heaven, but hey, it's all about the little victories we need to focus on, right?! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery