A little humor for ya!
So this not sleeping through the night thing does have some humor in it...
Last night when Lincoln woke up, I went in there and was by his bed and I see out of the corner of my eye something moving on the floor. I took a couple double looks at it thinking what the heck is that and then quickly realized that it was Tyson!!! I was laughing so hard, because I was so out of it and really had no idea what the heck was on the floor. Now, I'm still not sure what happened and why he was on the floor, but I do know he scared me and it was funny!!
And tonight...
After Rob got home and we started feeding the boys he realized the boys were still in their pajamas and our conversation went a little like this:
Rob: "um, I just realized they are still in their pajamas"
Me: "they sure are"
Rob: "did you just give up?"
Me: "absolutely"
Rob to the boys: "did mommy just give up on you guys today?"
The boys: "adda, adda, da da da da, peeza, mama mama"
Me: just smiled and laughed!
See, I rarely ever leave them in their pajamas past breakfast time so for them to still be in them at 5:15pm was definitely a shock to everyone!! And I really didn't even realize they were...aka: overly tired!
A short time after that...Rob asked if he could leave for a while and I honestly just gave him this look...you know the look I'm talking about: the, absolutely, hell no, kind of look. And he said to me: "I just want to go to the hotel up the street and sit in the lobby." I seriously started laughing so hard and his response was, "I don't want a drink, I just want to be somewhere quiet." Trust me when I say, I know the feeling and maybe someday we'll get some peace and quiet, someday. haha!!
Then after dinner we (the boys, Rob and I) sat on the couch to relax (I know, relax with toddlers!). Well...we relaxed alright! I fell asleep on the couch shortly after 6:30pm and really didn't get up until 9 and so did Rob...we were in and out of sleeping on the couch with the boys laying with us watching "Rango" & "Sesame Street"...so I thought! We put them in their beds around 9 and when I got back down stairs, I walked into the living room and on the floor was a tampon, that's right a tampon, out of it's wrapper, just lying on the floor!! I know, TMI, but it was unused and there were wrapper pieces all over...they had gotten into my purse while we were dozing on the couch!! Now mind you, when I was "sleeping" on the couch, every time I woke up, the boys were lying there with us so they were definitely being sneaky little guys :o)
And I know this is not "funny" persay, but we've had our first share of rolling out of their beds...while typing this, I heard this loud thump followed by loud-scared screaming and sure enough, Tyson had fallen out of his bed!! I'm sure this won't be the last time as these boys move and sleep in weird positions all throughout the night! Now, it's my turn to hit the sack...let's hope we all get to sleep through the night :o)
Last night when Lincoln woke up, I went in there and was by his bed and I see out of the corner of my eye something moving on the floor. I took a couple double looks at it thinking what the heck is that and then quickly realized that it was Tyson!!! I was laughing so hard, because I was so out of it and really had no idea what the heck was on the floor. Now, I'm still not sure what happened and why he was on the floor, but I do know he scared me and it was funny!!
And tonight...
After Rob got home and we started feeding the boys he realized the boys were still in their pajamas and our conversation went a little like this:
Rob: "um, I just realized they are still in their pajamas"
Me: "they sure are"
Rob: "did you just give up?"
Me: "absolutely"
Rob to the boys: "did mommy just give up on you guys today?"
The boys: "adda, adda, da da da da, peeza, mama mama"
Me: just smiled and laughed!
See, I rarely ever leave them in their pajamas past breakfast time so for them to still be in them at 5:15pm was definitely a shock to everyone!! And I really didn't even realize they were...aka: overly tired!
A short time after that...Rob asked if he could leave for a while and I honestly just gave him this look...you know the look I'm talking about: the, absolutely, hell no, kind of look. And he said to me: "I just want to go to the hotel up the street and sit in the lobby." I seriously started laughing so hard and his response was, "I don't want a drink, I just want to be somewhere quiet." Trust me when I say, I know the feeling and maybe someday we'll get some peace and quiet, someday. haha!!
Then after dinner we (the boys, Rob and I) sat on the couch to relax (I know, relax with toddlers!). Well...we relaxed alright! I fell asleep on the couch shortly after 6:30pm and really didn't get up until 9 and so did Rob...we were in and out of sleeping on the couch with the boys laying with us watching "Rango" & "Sesame Street"...so I thought! We put them in their beds around 9 and when I got back down stairs, I walked into the living room and on the floor was a tampon, that's right a tampon, out of it's wrapper, just lying on the floor!! I know, TMI, but it was unused and there were wrapper pieces all over...they had gotten into my purse while we were dozing on the couch!! Now mind you, when I was "sleeping" on the couch, every time I woke up, the boys were lying there with us so they were definitely being sneaky little guys :o)
And I know this is not "funny" persay, but we've had our first share of rolling out of their beds...while typing this, I heard this loud thump followed by loud-scared screaming and sure enough, Tyson had fallen out of his bed!! I'm sure this won't be the last time as these boys move and sleep in weird positions all throughout the night! Now, it's my turn to hit the sack...let's hope we all get to sleep through the night :o)
Comments