Ducky Derby!
Yesterday we attended (and helped) with the Ducky Derby to help spread awareness and raise money for MD, specifically the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. What is so special about this, is that both Rob and I work with the family of the little guy we were doing this for, Alex. Rob works with his Dad, Greg (whom I used to work with/for too) and I work with Alex's uncle, Tim.
He is the sweetest, most special little boy and every time I see him, he is just alwasy so happy and fully of life as if nothing is wrong with him!! It definitely makes you sit back and get a little dose of reality when I'm complaining about my day. We were so happy we could help their family and all the families that are affected by this disease.
I am excited to announce that they raised over $5,000.00 and there were almost, if not over, 600 ducks participating in the race!!! {No, they are not real ducks!}
He is the sweetest, most special little boy and every time I see him, he is just alwasy so happy and fully of life as if nothing is wrong with him!! It definitely makes you sit back and get a little dose of reality when I'm complaining about my day. We were so happy we could help their family and all the families that are affected by this disease.
I am excited to announce that they raised over $5,000.00 and there were almost, if not over, 600 ducks participating in the race!!! {No, they are not real ducks!}
Alex & his mommy getting ready to test out the race
Check out all those ducks and that was only one of the two races!
Uncle Tim manning the finish line...he was so proud of this event! You can tell he just loves Alex so much!! {now Tim, don't get too big of a head b/c I said something nice- ha!}
Here they come!!
Alex's uncle & grandpa catching all the ducks
The Majorek's supporting!
After the event everyone was free to go swim!! And boy did we swim!
Lincoln & the back of Alex on the playground
They loved the water!
These two had so much fun!! When we got in the car to go home, Lincoln said to me with the biggest smile on his face, "Mama, have fun swim!" and then Tyson said "Yeah mama, fun swim!". It was so cute and so precious as this was the very first time they ever told me on their owns that they had fun :o)












Comments