BIG change in the Majorek Household...
After very long and numerous discussions, both Rob and myself have decided that it would be best for me to go back to work. We both absolutely love the fact that I have been able to stay home with the kids for this long, but we really need to think about the future. Not that we haven't been getting these, but Tyson's medical bills (he's the million dollar baby, literally) are starting to pile up and we'd love to pay off some of our debt.
At the same time, we both agree that going back to work full time is not an option. So I set out to find a job not knowing what was really out there. I landed on one that seemed too good to be true, it's in banking doing exactly what I've done before (Commercial Lending) and the great part was this time the office was located in Gilbert.
Not knowing what to expect, especially since I am not able to work full time, I went ahead to the interview. The interview went great from beginning to end, even the part where I told them that I was really only looking to be part-time. They said that "if I were to get the position that they could work with that" and that "the girl that they are looking to replace only works part-time". They said it would be about a week and half before they made a decision so don't worry. Well that was on a Friday afternoon and by Monday morning they were calling me to move things along and ended up making me an offer. I couldn't believe it, a job that's close to home, part-time and pays well...what's the catch?! No catch at all my friends, no catch at all!!
Rob and I talked about it more and decided to take them up on their offer. It's been a little over a year since I worked last and I'll admit I'm nervous, but so excited! I start Monday, August 9th!
Now that I have a job and no longer can where my bummy clothes, flip flops, hair in a ponytail and not wear make-up...it was time to revamp myself. I started with the closet. Ha! I suggest never starting with your closet after not working for so long and have had a baby or two! I decided to try on my old work clothes and that was a joke in itself...I am definitely not the size I was pre-babies---very depressing, but on the positive side, that I get to go shopping!! This weekend is dedicated to getting back to looking and feeling great! Cutting the hair, eyebrow waxing, shopping & possibly getting a pedicure !!
Watch out work force, here I come :o)
At the same time, we both agree that going back to work full time is not an option. So I set out to find a job not knowing what was really out there. I landed on one that seemed too good to be true, it's in banking doing exactly what I've done before (Commercial Lending) and the great part was this time the office was located in Gilbert.
Not knowing what to expect, especially since I am not able to work full time, I went ahead to the interview. The interview went great from beginning to end, even the part where I told them that I was really only looking to be part-time. They said that "if I were to get the position that they could work with that" and that "the girl that they are looking to replace only works part-time". They said it would be about a week and half before they made a decision so don't worry. Well that was on a Friday afternoon and by Monday morning they were calling me to move things along and ended up making me an offer. I couldn't believe it, a job that's close to home, part-time and pays well...what's the catch?! No catch at all my friends, no catch at all!!
Rob and I talked about it more and decided to take them up on their offer. It's been a little over a year since I worked last and I'll admit I'm nervous, but so excited! I start Monday, August 9th!
Now that I have a job and no longer can where my bummy clothes, flip flops, hair in a ponytail and not wear make-up...it was time to revamp myself. I started with the closet. Ha! I suggest never starting with your closet after not working for so long and have had a baby or two! I decided to try on my old work clothes and that was a joke in itself...I am definitely not the size I was pre-babies---very depressing, but on the positive side, that I get to go shopping!! This weekend is dedicated to getting back to looking and feeling great! Cutting the hair, eyebrow waxing, shopping & possibly getting a pedicure !!
Watch out work force, here I come :o)
Comments
Going back to work is tough,and I still ask Paul almost everyday if I can stay home the next year.
I wish you luck!!
Mattie, I honestly wasn't expecting to get hired so quickly, it was seriously a shock to both of us. I am just so thankful that they are so flexible. I really hope this works out.
I have to admit I'm kind of excited about having interaction with adults, but I know that I will miss them terribly! I've already told Rob that he has to bring them in a couple times during my lunch so I can see them!