Venting.

So, when you have a baby, or two in our case, why doesn't God hand you a little note that says "This is going to be the hardest job you will ever have. You will love them uncoditionally no matter what, but they are going to break you and I'm not just talking about the bank."  I feel like I would be such a better parent knowing that there are going to be lots and lots and lots of days that you will want to pull your hair out and/or lock yourself in your room and scream into your pillow.

I really do love these kids more than anything, but this has been one of the hardest week to date.  They have seriously broken us down and we are beyond drained.  The boys have been constantly getting into everything we own, no matter what it is or where it's at.  They are constantly fighting over toys, mom/dad, or whatever seems to be the hot item of the moment, which results in: hitting, pushing, tackling, pulling hair & biting.  That's right, we have biters.  It sucks, real bad.  Both Rob & I have been bit and Lincoln has bit Tyson, but Tyson is the worst.  He has been biting Lincoln so much lately.  Almost every time they get into a fight, he bites him and I'm not quite sure how to make him stop!  Oober frustrating.
And then there's the K'ster.  Oh Miss Sass.  Kaila has seriously hit the pre-teen or as she informs me, "tween" stage.  I'm sure I had an attitude like that when I was younger, but come on!  Some days I swear I am going to pull my hair and possibly hers out.  I really need a cure for "tweenitis"...we've taken everything out of her room, including her door---yep, right off the hinges.  It is beyond frustrating the number of times we get talked back to and she's not even in her teens yet...Oye vey.
What makes these days so hard is that I know how sweet and well behaved they can be and then I feel bad and guilty as to how frustrated we get and the feeling of wanting to leave and take a break.  At least we're more excited to see them when we return, right?!  They are great kids, but they are not helping with the "Let's have another baby campaign!". 

On a more positive note...I am just so thankful for our short term cure: date nights :o)  Some days they seem too far and in between, but I am thankful that Kaila is old enough to watch the boys for a couple of hours because even though they make me crazy, I'd really like to refrain from becoming a patient in the crazy house!

Whew...Okay, I'm done (for now-ha!!) and feel so much better, don't you?! :o)

Comments

kids are super annoying some days. Ah heck...lots of days.

BUT that is why the good days are so amazing.

AND when they are annoying, we come up with awesome ideas like Bagel Sunday!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

(and...p.s. Kaila will grow out of this phase when she is like 18 or 19...hehe. The boys will calm down some day too. but I don't know when. I am a girl. We are calm. sassy, but calm)

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery