Hawaiian Paradise! --- Day 3
This was one of our favorite days by far! We started our day by hanging out at this beautiful beach...
And then went on an adventure of a lifetime...zip lining!!
We met up at Kapalua Adventures, got our helmets and gear and loaded our group onto a an old army Unimog excursion to our destination. We got to our first stop that, yes, we had to cross...
We hiked for what seemed like miles and miles holding a 15-20 pound piece of equipment for a total of a half a mile uphill to our zip lining drop off points. I was extremely scared, but Rob seemed just fine! I think becoming a mom you tend to worry about things that could go wrong, all the time :o)
After watching Koa (my new favorite name!) go across and another couple go, we were ready!! My heart was beating so hard and fast, but I got up and "3-2-1 Zip away"!
After the getting through the first line, I was pumped, we both were!! It was so much fun!!! Such a thrill that we've never experienced before. Each line doesn't last too long, which is nice, but it is fast! Especially the landing :o)
This is the landing/stopping area---you stop using a spring braking mechanism. It sounds like shots being fire and it is super fast and you feel like you are going to be pushed backwards over the valley!
This isn't us, but it's a shot at out you stop...
After our 4 zip lines we headed to the free fall swing! This swing doesn't seem that scary until you are strapped in, pulled to the top and the strap holding you up and released!! I most definitely said a few choice words and screamed like a little girl!! Rob screamed too, but you can't hear because I was screaming so loud and apparently it was very funny to watch :o)
We made it!!
After our adventure we all had a wonderful gourmet picnic lunch over looking the Kapalua coast line and then was picked up again in the Unimog headed back. Our guides, Matt, Koa and David were so much fun!! It was so awesome!!


Comments