Hawaiian Paradise! --- Day 4

We took a trip to Hana and it was beautiful.  Instead of doing the all day trip we broke it up into 2 different sections...first we drove in a van with 2 other couples and the guide and then we took a helicopter tour back to our car. 

We met at a small airport where we got in a van to start the tour.  The van was actually very comfortable and roomy...we had the whole back row to ourselves :o)  And, actually we were able to see everything so clearly on the trip! We made a few stops on the way to see some amazing sites! The road to Hana is just beautiful, so full of color!

And, actually we were able to see everything so clearly on the trip!  We made a few stops on the way to see some amazing sites! The road to Hana is just beautiful, so full of color! 

 There are so many wild chickens/roosters running around!  As soon as we pulled in, this little let out the loudest "cock-a-doodle-doo!" right outside our window and yes, our window was rolled down and it scared us!! haha

Our first stop...



Ours second stop was a quick one to check out these amazing trees...they are rainbow trees and they are stunning!!



And of course...some more chickens & some pig hunters!
 These pig hunters do not use guns, they have a group of dogs and then knives/spears etc.  They let the dogs out to find them which is why they don't use guns just to be sure they don't shoot their dogs.  You can kind of see the dogs in the back of the truck in their cage...

The 3rd stop was a favorite...absolutely stunning and incredibly breathtaking!









We then stopped for a snack and we got the biggest Hawaiian shaved ice I've ever seen!!  We got pina colada, pineapple and mango and oh my word it tasted so good!!  I so want one right now!!


We stopped at a waterfall and a small area that we could swim in.  The waterfalls were so cool and after looking at the water that we could swim in, we declined---it wasn't too clear!


The waterfall definitely was great for cleaning up a little mess from our shaved ice :o)

We finally made it to our destination, where we had time to relax and have lunch.  This place was beautiful!!  I've never seen anything like it!  We hung out on a black sand beach and the grounds were just amazing and the water, again, b-e-a-utiful!








We then went to a flower farm and were able to see these amazing flowers!!









Every girl was given a beautiful, fresh bouquet of flowers---I loved mine!! 

We were finally taken to the small airport where we got on a helicopter...again, I was terrified and Rob was cooler than cool!!









Very happy to be on land and out of the helicopter!!  It was fun, but I don't think I'll ever go on one again!!

After our tour at Hana we headed back to the beach and as I was taking a picture of the scenery from the road (no, I wasn't driving!) and we came across the only "slug bug" we saw the entire trip!!  Everyone drives convertibles in Hawaii :o)




We may or may not have snuck into the hotel next to hang out...

How gorgeous are these flowers?!  I of course put it in my hair!

And we most definitely at at our favorite restaurant again!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery