Crazy

I love how a couple posts before this one, was about how angelic my kids were and how I was able to nap and just cherish our time together and this one, well...this one is not.  I'm not sure what's going on in the universe or what is in the water, but these children of mine are out to make me crazy!! 

The first part of summer, all 3 were really good and then bamb! one morning last week they woke up and it's been crazy.  Not just a little crazy, like "pull your hair out-want to run away-and drink all day" kind of crazy!  Kaila has just been a little cranky, nothing too-too bad, but enough to make me want to wash her mouth out with soap every hour and throw away all her stuff :o)  And the boys...holy Jesus, these 2 guys (as a friend told me) "have it in their eyes as to what they can get into/break next".  And after talking with my Mother-in-law, she reminded so sweetly that the terrible 2's are coming, but will pass :o)  She also told me that she quite frequently prayed to God, that he would grant her the strength to raise her child---who's that child? Oh, that would be my husband, the father of my children, my crazy-hyper-constantly on the go children!!  Yay me! 

I'm pretty sure these two are like their father was when he was younger.  His mom used to have to tie (with a rope) him into the highchair because he'd get out and put the playpen over him instead of him inside it---and one of many stories was how he took his younger sister, Angie, and put her in her stroller, take her the top of their street, yell to his mom to watch and then pushed her down the hill and watched his mom run as fast as she could to catch her at the bottom so that she wouldn't get hit by a car!  Thankfully we live on a flat street, but something is telling me that they will still find trouble no matter what kind of street we live on!!

Here's a rundown of some fun events of the past week or so...
  • As I'm attempting to fold the same load of laundry that's been in the dryer for about 3 days, both kids climb on top of my bathroom sink to get the toothbrushes! (I know, they are doing something great, but not what you want to see when you walk in the room!)  Now they are completely obsessed that I had to put up another gate in my bathroom
  • Lincoln attempted to get out of his crib on his own...he did fall and there were no injuries, I'm thinking it just scared him more than anything.  I am thankful that he has not tried it again since then!!
  • Monday (before I get home), Lincoln manages to drop and break an entire gallon of apple juice all over the floor---yes all it landed on the carpet!
  • They've been really good for the past few months, but all of a sudden they cannot leave the cat food alone and have to throw it all over the floor and put it into the water!!! And pull down (aka: attack) the blinds on the back door!  Aaaahhh!!!
I know it's not going to get easier, they're barely getting into the terrible 2's & 3's and so on...I'm just hoping that they cut their mama a little slack every so often and that they know I've already had the talk with God, that when they are older and start their families that there is some payback :o) haha!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Shenanigans & Father's Day!

Highs & Lows of Surgery